Onmyoji Reviews

½ July 1, 2009
A.K.A. The Yin Yang Master, which sounds a bit rubbish. However, my wish to see this did not lead in me being disappointed. The effects and acting aren't always great, but they more than get the job done. In places it is slow paced, but I found the storyline interesting enough to overcome that, and the sets and costumes were really rather special. For me, the highlight was the appearance of a hannya, for which the make up was actually rather good.
April 7, 2011
mostly plodding along, with too many plot elements that were lost on me on a tired evening. a pity they cast sanada as a villain, however ito stole the show as a pure, upright man.
½ September 11, 2007
A very interesting historical fantasy! There are a few problems with the film though...such as transitions from one scene to another. Regardless, the story is interesting and the scenery and costumes are mesmerizing!
April 28, 2012
This movies is made of Magic and Awesome. Full stop,
½ March 4, 2012
Something is missing beyond the variable quality of the CGI-effects. What's missing is conviction, a sense that these are real people instead of actors in ornate costumes stepping gingerly through antique sets.
August 28, 2011
Often hard to tell if certain very campy aspects - e.g. the looks between Seimei and Hiromasa, the CGI, Doson's maniacal laughing - were intended as half-jokes, or are just really that campy.
½ January 4, 2005
[b]The radio just aired movie version of "Phantom of the Opera", I'm a little bit uneasy for I'm so used to hear Sara Brightman's vocal! Emmy Rossum's not bad and make the high pitch, but I feel her voice a little dry, not so passionate like Sara. That might be cruel to this girl, but it's our true feeling.[/b]
[b]I may go to theater to see this film despite bad critics and word-of-mouth, music is the point.[/b]
[b]Well, first day of January was very cold due to the strong cold front, most of people didn't go out whole day. I wrapped myself in quill and saw DVDs to spend the cold day. [/b]
[b]The Fisher King--directed by Terry Gilliam, I admitted it's a good acclaimed film but hardly to like it. Not an enjoying film![/b]
[b]The Master and the Commander is far expected than I think, I thought it would be boring like Discovery version movie! And Paul Bettany's reading script is very charming, Russel Crowe's Captain persuasively show the manner. I was curious about midshipman allowed underaged boys to join in, so UK didn't have policy to prohibit? But the cute Lord Blakeney didn't afraid to face battlefield! Good performance played by Max Pirkis.[/b]
[b]Onmyoji is Japanese fantasy, I prefer comic version because the character almost overly beautiful depicted. Mansai Nomura havd variety face expression, make it up for his not-so-handsome face! Colorful Kimono also a great vision![/b]