• R, 1 hr. 41 min.

Other People's Money Reviews

DrLappos
DrLappos

July 5, 2007
Devito is a brilliant actor and works so well in this.
May 1, 2009
a very well-written financial comedy. intelligent plot, multi-dimensional characters, and a bittersweet look at both sides of the corporate universe. great acting performances as well.
MovieGuruDude72
July 9, 2007
DeVito was riding the wave of his post-Taxi successes with this unfunny mess. Short people with attitudes only do so much for you.
erigam
February 14, 2007
not a funny movie... kind of boring to me... Devito does a ruthless takeover of a company falls in love and well it isn't on my must see list and it shouldn't be on yours either
June 7, 2013
This show and Mr Devito are a buggy whip company only it was far to high brow for my tastes and interleckt I liked Twins and Juniour, All spelted wronger.
February 10, 2013
Hey. Can I know whether is there a soundtrack or music for this movie?
July 20, 2012
I love this movie and love Danny Devito's character in it. I can still quote parts of it.
It is now a bit dated but it is still great.
kingofthecorn
November 20, 2009
(***): Thumbs Up

Danny DeVito is great here.
chris h.
May 12, 2009
Danny devito being his ruthless self.
what a classic, no laughter despit being a comedy, but very enjoyable to watch.
Collateral Fan
July 8, 2007
Hero is a real masterpiece. Painting in motion ! Wonderful. It deals with the Chinese culture so you could find something far from our western traditions but just sit down and enjoy those wonderful colors and music flowing to you !
The other four are wonderful family movies !
starlett2005
October 20, 2006
This is an interesting movie which resists the easy temptation to paint Garfield as avaricious vulture and Jorgenson as the saintly victim. It is even-handed in portraying both cruelty that adaptation and changing times impose on people, and yet the necessity to do so. (Garfield: "I'm sure that the last buggy whip company in America made the best damn buggy whips in the world.") Jorgenson makes moving and impassioned speech to the stockholders on the themes of caring and compassion, which completely wins viewer over; no way do we feel that Garfield can respond, but he does, and very convincingly. One doesn't find this kind of ambiguity and even treatment very often; people like things black & white (e.g. Oliver Stone's "Wall Street"), which is perhaps why this film didn't make it big. I liked it. Danny DeVito is worth watching, and Peck does good job too. Unfortunately Penelope Ann Miller is not convincing in sultry mode.
jennifer's picks & pa
April 7, 2006
[size=2]I'm beginning the rather lengthy task of entering into the database every film I have seen, at least those I have a decent memory of. Some may have the briefest of reviews while many will just have a number. Those films that I consider personal favorites and/or those that have some historical signficance I will add later when I have time for more lengthy reviews.

[b]Breakdown[/b], directed by Jonathan Mostow, is an enertaining psychological thriller starring Kurt Russell, J.T. Walsh and Kathleen Quinlan. Jeff (Russell) and his wife Amy (Quinlan) break down in a New Mexico desert. Jeff stays with the car while Amy catches a ride with a truckdriver to get help. Amy mysteriously disappears. Russell is convincing in his role.

[b]Broken Arrow[/b], directed by John Woo, is a rather forgettable action flick starring John Travolta and Christian Slater.

[b]Bad Boys [/b]teams Martin Lawrence and Will Smith in this action comedy/buddy film. It was a huge hit, meaning director Michael Bay got a chance to make more awful movies.

[b]Beautician and the Beast [/b]is an awful romantic comedy starring Fran Drescher and Tomothy Dalton.

[b]Other People's Money[/b], directed by Norman Jewison, stars Danny Devito as a corporate raider trying to take over Gergory Peck's business. Not horrible, nor memorable.
[/size]