• R, 2 hr. 4 min.
  • On DVD:    Dec 22, 1998
  • PolyGram Video

Panther Reviews

Jacob S ½ April 28, 2011
GREAT movie! This film truly is a piece of history. If you have any interest whatsoever in Black history, you have to watch this movie. Just a warning though, the language is extremely intense in the movie. The F-bomb and "N word" get thrown around every other sentence. Obscenities aside, this film is quite educational.
ms2pittman ms2pittman March 22, 2010
I saw this movie in late 80"s I believe. It was very, very instrumental to my situation. At the time my older brother had been preaching (he wasn't a preacher, though) about the main reasons drugs were being introduced to the Black community, however, despite this knowing and belief, my brother was also a user. After seeing this movie I began to understand what my brother had been preaching to me was indeed his and many Black Americans' nightmare. He was living this movie. Thank God, he never got as bad as Bobby Brown in the movie. "Panther" not only warns the Black Community, It is an eye opener for blacks, whites, browns and whoever will listen. This master- conjured- up- plan truly did back-fire. Excellent, directing, casting, etc. A must see.
Niklas J December 9, 2012
One of the best political and historical movie I have ever seen. In the same class (and a sequel in the subject) as Malcolm X. A political movie that is both fantastic as political and as a movie in it's own right.
EZRAS HUGE REVIEWS EZRAS HUGE REVIEWS September 22, 2009
LONG BUT, I CARED FOR EVERY CHARACTER AND, IT'S A GREAT FILM THAT IS VERY CLOSE TO GLORY AS A GREAT HISTORICAL FILM. I GIVE PANTHER ****.
kingofthecorn kingofthecorn October 20, 2006
Here's another film rating.