Paparazzi - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Paparazzi Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
March 18, 2013
Paparazzi is an awful action revenge thriller that lacks anything truly interesting. The film has a poor cast, a poorly written script, wooden performances and direction from a director that can't seem to craft something good with his ideas. I really expected something good with this one, but I was really let down. The film had a promising start, but it started to come apart in the middle and by the end, it was laughably bad. The performances are horrible, and the film is filled with clichés. This is the perfect example of a film that could have been much better if the script would have been rewritten and revised a few times. This is a letdown, and if you're expecting something good, fun and original, you'll be sadly disappointed. Watch something else, as this one is definitely not worth your time. The film tries too hard at being revolutionary and trying something new, but it fails to deliver anything of note and it just ends up being a big waste of time. Paparazzi is simply put, a poorly crafted film that lacked in every sense of the word. Watch something else as this one doesn't provide you with anything worthwhile to watch. In the revenge genre, there have been far better movies than this one. Paparazzi just doesn't cut it, due to its stupid, poorly constructed script, and painful performances. As a whole, this is a very forgettable revenge film that you definitely should avoid if you love the genre. Watch Law Abiding Citizen, the original Straw Dogs or any other genre film, and avoid this painful trash that just relies on previous ideas from other better films to create its lackluster thrills.
½ March 12, 2012
Innovative, ground breaking cinema? No. But it's still a pretty decent ride, and this movie is filled with cameos. I wouldn't own the movie, but it is what it is. An hour of action, and drama that unfolds with the hollywood ending that you knew was coming all along. Obviously written as revenge against the real Paparazzi out there.
½ January 19, 2008
Could of been a decent revenge-action flick with a performance from a promisiung new star but only feels like dull, dark and recklass thriller where the good guy gets away with murder.
February 3, 2007
A violent, stupid and completely pointless revenge film.
½ May 30, 2006
No, this is the rating you give to awful movies.
April 2, 2009
This film made me sympathize more with public figures and celebrities. Regardless of your fame or profession, everyone's entitled to their privacy.
January 1, 2009
I enjoyed this alot, however unless you already do? it makes you hate the press. A nod to tom sizemore who always plays good charectors. Interesting storyline to boot
February 8, 2008
I think if that TMZ show is on the air for more than 5 more years this movie will be hailed as a masterpiece. Granted, at the moment I do love how it portrays the paparazzis as pure scum, worse than anyone Bronson ever had to kill, and Baldwin and Sizemore are amazing. But I remember when this came out I laughed at a Hollywood star making a film about something that irritated the elite, and not us norms. What next, someone taking his revenge on a lousy on set craft services? However, the more I see TMZ the more I would love to see all those folks brutally murdered. If there were a Traces of Death video with these folks who are trying to make celebrity watching, gossip and harrassment hip and cool being murdered in various gory ways, if there was any justice it would be more profitable than Titanic. They are really forcing the whole celebrity culture down norms throats, where even real news programs have their paparazzi minute, so I think soon it will be common for us non-celebs to want them dead too. But just for the record, this film is great, pulpy fun that I'm surprised hasn't gained a larger exploitation lovin' audience.
½ January 22, 2008
Good revenge film.
½ May 20, 2015
It's a surprise that this was even released by Fox. There are straight to DVD titles that are better than this.
½ January 22, 2013
Cole Hauser vs. Columbo? A TRUE guilty-pleasure in every sense of the word. I will always watch it when it shows up on TV.
January 21, 2012
1) A movie that most professional actors and actresses will love. 2) A movie that TMZ will hate.

Not a bad movie to view at home on basic cable, but its not worth $15 at a store.
June 15, 2011
This movie was pretty good and an interesting answer to crazy paparazzi, who I believe do go over the edge sometimes...
½ April 17, 2011
This could have been a creepy and interesting thriller, but instead it turns to a boring would-be action vigilante movie.
January 10, 2011
I can't even begin to understand the negative reviews this movie got. I waited a couple of years to see it, and now I really wish I hadn't waited so long. This movie captured my attention from the start and held it throughout the entire film. It's difficult to decide who you should root for, since even the "good guy" has a "bad streak," but overall, it's a great movie.
½ May 5, 2007
Life gets intolerable for a celebrity fresh from Montana. Can'take the heat so he decides to use his fists. Sorry, fame has it's price, apparently.

Another revenge flick, this time from producer Mel Gibson, about the paparzzzi photo crews that stalk celebs.

I would suggest you watch this with revenge in your heart. If you like to revenge somebody, you will most likely see the merit in this film.

It has all the ingredients... car wreck caused by the photo journalists.. in a strange sort of way.

The son is on life support. This film builds its case in a purely typical fashion.

Not without merit, I would't watch this film a second time.
½ July 5, 2010
This was an enjoyable and entertaining movie. It was actually realistic unlike many revenge movies that are out there. This movie makes you hate paparazzi and how much pieces of trash and annoying bastards that they are. Slot of celeb cameos which was sort of wierd but just added to the movie. Overall I do reccommend it as it was definitely worth watching.
½ March 31, 2010
** (out of four)

Poor celebrities. They are rich, famous, powerful, adored, beautiful...and...they must deal with the darn paparazzi! Isn't it a tough life? Actually I am sure they are very annoying. I've seen them at work in Beverly Hills stalking Jennifer Lopez and at the Sundance Film Festival, so I can see why the film world would be interested in a film dissing the wolf pack.

Cole Hauser plays an up and coming action movie star. Now that he has hit the big time he has become a target for the tabloids and the photographers they pay nicely for star pictures. They cross a line, however, when pictures of his wife and kids end up on a trashy rag. He confronts one of the photographers (Tom Sizemore) and they scuffle. The Pap takes advantage of the situation to ruin the star.

The script is not very compelling and the direction is weak and none od the performances stand out in this below average thriller.
½ August 2, 2009
Was worried this movie would make me very angry, but once the vigilante justice started all was well.
August 5, 2006
Somehow this was off balance...it had the potential to be good but instead I felt at times I was watching a made for TV movie. The acting was good but the way this was put together left something to be desired. There were some redeeming qualities but it was just OKAY.