Parent Trap II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Parent Trap II Reviews

Jason Vargo
December 25, 2011
Awful. Abysmal. Waste of time. Borderline offensive. The Parent Trap II is a TV Movie which swaps out all the good aspects of the 1961 original with 1980's inanities. Look no further than the offensively short shorts Tom Skerritt wears in his first scene. Or the length of time it takes to get both Sharon and Susan into the action. Or the theme song performed by Solid Gold regular Marilyn McCoo. Or the brain dead adults who allow their lives to be run by the kids. (Sidenote: how can anyone think the initial plot is going to work? At some point, Bill is going to mention aspects of his first "date" with Sharon...only she won't know it because the date was with Susan...oh, hilarity ensues...)
August 7, 2007
Fails miserably in comparison to the original Parent Trap movie.
June 28, 2012
½ April 14, 2008
Blergh. Tom Skerritt in short-shorts and a midriff-baring Florida State t-shirt? The worst children in the world? The fact that they convinced Hayley Mills to do this is a big mystery.
February 24, 2010
Another Top 10...I saw this for the first time on the Disney Channel in 1992. I can't get enough of it. "Let's Get Together..Yeah Yeah Yeah..."
September 30, 2009
How to get the Ho Movie. Two single parent friends, one a mother and one a father, become friends at Elementary School and get their parent together until they marry at the end. Notable Scenes included: Grade School Name Calling and Pranks; Kiddie Match Making; Pap-pi in Gym Shorts, Tight Khakis, and Blue Jeans around the adorable Daughters and Mother; Foiled Dates; Twin Sister Summons to pretend to me the Mom; 747 Airplane Landing; and Grade Schoolers Making Cookies.
½ June 23, 2007
This sequel really doesn't get a whole lot better than you expect it to. And it's from the 80s, so it's pretty damn cheesy.
February 24, 2008
classic childhood movie. I surely rented this several times I'm sure to the detriment of my parents.
½ January 18, 2008
This cover is misleading because Hayley Mills is grown up in this movie. It's not even close to capturing the magic of the first one, but still entertaining.
August 22, 2007
Mary and Nicki (both played by Hayley Mills) best friends and they want their single parents to marry. very good family movie.
½ June 30, 2007
surprisingly enjoyable, especially for a disney tv sequel. if you don't try to take it too seriously (ignore Hayley's glaring, though charming, British accent) it's just fun.
½ June 26, 2007
Hayley Mills is annoying enough let alone duplicating her so she can have a "twin" What's with her accent by the way? What is she? South African?
½ May 29, 2007
I wish they would've put the theme song for this one out on an album. (Let's keep what we've got, let's not let it go....)
April 27, 2007
Really good, but not as good as the first one. Hayley is a really great actress and she did a great job playing both sisters.
February 20, 2010
(First and only full viewing - In my mid-twenties)
½ April 18, 2014
Smells like made for cable trash, but it's nice to see a familiar face from the original.
½ December 30, 2007
All I remember about this movie is that the two little girls in it are SUCH bitches...which I enjoyed.

Best line "your dad is GORGEOUS!" mind you this is said by like a 7-year-old (slut!)
May 19, 2013
Lovely innocent humour
February 24, 2013
I remember watching this, and I didn't like it. I liked the third one, with the triplets.
August 6, 2012
The kiddies may enjoy it but the parents (the ones aware of the Hayley Mills original version and not the Lindsey Lohan remake) will probably say that it doesn't live up to the original.