Partners - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Partners Reviews

½ March 14, 2012
This is a pretty good movie actually. Nice and enjoyable. Not great, but a movie you can just cosy up to someone and relax without thinking too hard.
August 12, 2011
This comedy of mistaken sexual identity owes a great deal to the far superior Francis Verber comedy "The Closet," which it blatantly rips off. Don't be swayed by that overly stereotyped and tacky photoshopped image on the DVD box. No one in the film is "that gay" nor are they both hitting on lead Jay Harrington. This made for cable (I am assuming) film basically deals with competing lawyers where one straight man uses being mistaken as gay as an advantage to get ahead. The film features an early (and somewhat over the top) performance by Julie Bowen from "Modern Family" as the competition and a nice performance my Michael Ian Black as the gay friend/roommate. Film lacks the real bite it needs to be original or unpredictable, rent the Verber film which has a better cast & premise.
½ March 24, 2011
I kinda like Jay Harrington after < Desperate Housewives > & < The Inside >, but this one is just too cheesy to like.
½ December 19, 2008
this movie surprised me, it was funny, charming, very likable characters.. good use of secondary characters, always a sign of a good production.. when a producer cares about all the roles, not just one or two main ones.
bravo!!
½ January 11, 2008
nice romantic comedy. Kinda predictable but I really liked it because it didnt use any A list hollywood movie stars. The movie was great overall. It was really funny, without clearly showing the jokes. Must watch..
November 18, 2007
This was actually quite a good film. Yes, I don't think it missed a single cliche (they obviously went to great efforts researching their characters...), and yes it was an indie low-budget film, but it certainly did not look that way. It was often funny, well-directed, very cute and the characters were, really.. adorable. I do think it was slightly optimistic at times, but thats okay. It's a film. I like the tolerance and acceptance that was displayed so often, but that was probably the biggest flaw of the movie: the acceptance of homosexuality was too artificial. Overall, I'd give this film an A-, and it is definately worth viewing again :) Recommended.
½ October 23, 2007
2 beautiful women, a bunch of idiot guys. Who is gay, who isn't? What a waste of time..
October 9, 2007
light and hillarious. Snorked my coke quite a few times : ) definately recommend it..
½ September 4, 2007
Quite bad. A true 'comfortable' gay-light movie. It is a gay movie for religious folks who are introduced to homosexuality for the first time. On the way, it doesn't miss a single cliche. But still, Julie Bowen is perfect as usual.
August 4, 2007
sounds like a smart man.
½ July 15, 2007
Very funny I thought. A Random choice at Movie Gallery that turned out to be better than expected.
½ June 30, 2007
this may be a B movie, but it is certainly does not leave you with that impression...i love this particular song by David Ryan Harris...absolutely funny, a truly hidden gem
June 19, 2007
Funny & Hilarious movie. Everyone should watch this.
June 7, 2007
This was really funny. How can you not love something with Michael Ian Black acting like a gay man. Jesus, it was funny.
June 6, 2007
Michael Ian Black and Julie Bowen are both superb in this film. Original and fun!
½ April 20, 2007