Paulie Reviews

September 6, 2010
A boring kids movie with another talking animal. At least the cast has some good actors, though.
michael e.
½ January 31, 2011
An extremely wonderful and sadly underrated film
ScoopOnline
December 22, 2009
Paulie is very adventureous Movie with an intelligent but too Naughty Parot. A tiny bit of everything in it. Some senti moments and lots of LOL moments.
September 28, 2009
The only ?talking animal? movie that I actually quite like.
thmtsang
August 4, 2007
Movie about a talking parrot. Rubbish!
½ September 27, 2006
I really like this mianly because my younger sis loved it when she was 4.
August 20, 2006
With so many talking animal movies, especially with ones as good as Babe, there really isn't a reason to choose to watch this. But at times it is quite funny.
February 14, 2012
A little silly yes but still not a bad film to put before the kids. I have a soft spot for parrots so perhaps I am being just a wee bit too giving in this review.
October 11, 2007
Cool funny movie.
iLeo
December 23, 2007
Great movie! A favorite!
September 13, 2011
not overly impressive. a simplistic plot overlain with episodic adventures that don't really amount to much. I guess there's some OK themes regarding perseverance and friendship, but it's hard to fully get on board when the main character is a parrot. movies like Babe work because the animals operate in their own little world. here, the bird is more likable and oftentimes much smarter than virtually every human with whom he interacts, and it never quite feels believable (although I did enjoy Tony Shalhoub). even Paulie himself is just a stereotypical New Yorker with an attitude problem. it's better than a lot of plushy family films, comparatively speaking, but at the end of the day, it's still a plushy family film.
½ March 18, 2011
dont ask me why but i loved this one ..hehehe I think it had to do with the taco stand...maybe my love for birds...maybe just my sick mind ..check it out you decide hehehe
July 9, 2010
Seen this again recently and still love this movie. Starts out a little slow but ends really good a Must see for animal lovers!!
September 7, 2008
A very cute story about a determined parrot's mission to find his first owner, a young girl named Marie, with the help of a kind Russian immigrant who feels sorry for the bird.
½ September 5, 2008
Very inspirational movie. I learned from Misha Belenkoff's experience that I should not be afraid to tell a lady I like her. I now have a cute and wonderful girlfriend because of that.
½ August 28, 2008
Tony Shalhoub (Monk) must have been hard up for cahs when he signed on to this horror of a movie. I think this should be classified as a horror because it scares me that the people who wrote this are not in some type of mental institution. No even minded person would think of such crap!!
October 26, 2007
Paulie, an intelligent parrot who actually talks, relates the story of his struggle to a Russian immigrant who works as a janitor at the research institute where he is housed and neglected. Paulies st...( read more )ory begins many years earlier when he is given as a gift to a little girl who stutters. Eventually, he teaches the girl to speak correctly but is taken away by her father because he believes the girl cannot distinguish fantasy from reality because she believes the bird can talk. Paulie goes through a series of adventures with a pawn shop owner, an ageing widow, a Mexican-American troubadour and a would be thief before being taken to the institute where he now lives
½ August 7, 2007
Even without the talking parrot, this movie is pretty unrealistic and a little too over played in many areas. But it's kinda funny in some places.
January 23, 2007
I LOVE THIS MOVIE!! I HAVENT SEEN IT SINCE I WAS LIKE 4, but it is still so awesome!!! totally sweet and heartwarming.
½ June 4, 2006
My siblings come home from Rhode Island with a movie about... a talking parrot? My first thought was, "This is going to be really dumb." So one day I did sit down and watch it. And, um, yeah, it was a long cheesy story about a parrot trying to find its way back home. But it was less wisecracking and more actual emotional drama than I expected from a movie like this. Still definitely a young children's movie, but quite decent for one viewing.