The Peacekeeper - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Peacekeeper Reviews

Naughtia
½ May 15, 2010
I remember watching this movie a while ago and in my opinion it is a typical Dolph Lundgren action movie, nothing very special about it. The story is about a nuclear weapon that is targetet on the US. Thre's only one man capable of stopping this attempt and its the socalled peacekeeper. This movie is thrilling and has a lot of good action scenes where Lundgren shows what he's worth. If you're looking for an action-packed thriller, this movie would probably be a good choice. I thought it was ok.
Shrewlord
½ January 6, 2011
Featuring the "acting" talents of the statuesque Mr Lundgren, the intrusive anti-nukes message pushed in the unsuspecting viewer's face may have been more convincing had it not appeared in a show me the money B movie action flick.
½ June 13, 2012
Even by direct-to-video standards, this is pretty poor. Lundgren does a surprisingly good job as the wisecracking stalwart American hero, but it is not enough to counter the relentlessly absurd storyline.
December 27, 2006
nothing more then a action movie from canada trying to be america...fun one....oh i love my dolph.... and motell williams...for a talk show host...is pertty good...but...is it cheesy in a way? hells yesh...
September 17, 2014
It's a bit week and I was hopping for a lot better.
½ June 1, 2013
The strange thing about The Peacekeeper is the fact that the screenwriters added curse words into the dialogue in a strange manner, namely using terms such as "Well I'll be dipped in sh*t" and it examines the stupidity of those terms in films, and takes it to a new level of stupidity. Essentially, it's made clear that the script is crap because it also gives lines like that to many characters who have single lines in the film, such as the angry homeless guy at the start.
Within The Peacekeeper is a plot that has minor confusions and isn't worth following too much even though its above average for a Direct-to-DVD Dolph Lundgren film of this calibre, and serves as a decent knock off of Die Hard. But it still isn't one of importance worth following or really watching for that manner.

But as a film with standards set as low as a Direct-to-DVD Dolph Lundgren film, The Peacekeeper is ok.
Although the visual quality is a little blurry and the lighting is occasionally a bit dark, the action is actually fairly sufficiently entertaining when it's around and it doesn't suffer from terrible editing or poor cinematography, its just sufficient and it does the trick.
Also, Dolph Lundgren's performance was ok and Roy Scheider was good as the US president, and it's surprising they got an actor of his calibre to take a role in a film like this, and all in all it wasn't too bad.
So considering the standards that The Peacekeeper follows, it's ok. But the standards are fairly poor so it isn't such a great film.
April 24, 2013
There's mild thrills to be had in this undemanding action thriller starring Dolph Lundgren. Instead of being kicked out of the army for dropping food in an impoverished nation, Frank Cross becomes an attache and has the black bag with the nuclear codes or something. Terrorists target him and try to start a nuclear holocaust, and Cross must stop them. Full of ludicrous action scenes and a few cool kills, The Peacekeeper is a slow and sleepy "thriller" with not much going for it.
December 10, 2012
This one is surprisingly involving and fun. If you're "b" action fan you'll like it. If you're also a Dolphie fan you'll love it.
November 29, 2012
½ June 13, 2012
½ November 8, 2011
Awsome....a 10minute car chase on building rooftops!!! Mt Rushmore blows up!!! Montel Williams sits there!!! Dolph saves the day with 1 second left!!!! The President has to kill himself in 30 minutes or the terrorists will blow up Washington DC!!!!
March 30, 2011
Well it wasn't to bad of a movie alot of action in it for sure for an older movie still enjoyed it thow it was good
January 25, 2011
Well, what can I say about the film? I thought it was going to be good, I mean who wouldn't after reading the synopsis of it? I thought the 0% on the tomato-meter must have been broken, but I was wrong.
The Peacekeeper is one of the WORST films I have ever seen in my lifetime. It's worse than your average full blown mindless action flick, a lot worse. It's a typical 'bad guys fire a thousand bullets in the direction of the good guy and they all miss, followed by the good guy firing three or four back and killing everyone'.
The other thing what was truly atrocious about this was the acting. It was probably the worst I have ever seen, no jokes. Remember on WWF/WWE when the wrestlers used to get "thrown" across the ring yet it was so obvious they were jumping? Throughout this film the acting was as bad, if not worse than that.
The final major thing what annoyed me about this film is that it advertises something it isn't, if you don't believe me, then watch it.
Shrewlord
½ January 6, 2011
December 3, 2010
Die Hard + The Rock = The Peacekeeper (only not as good as those two action classics).
June 6, 2010
I recorded this thinking it was the PeaceMAKER. Dolph Lundgren is no George Clooney...
Naughtia
½ May 15, 2010
½ February 28, 2010
October 3, 2009
While this was a somewhat entertaining movie, there were many scenarios that were put in this movie to create action, drama, or anticipation, that would never really have taken place in real life. In other words, if this threat scenario really did happen, almost none of the military actions taken would have been carried out as this movie portrays.
½ July 29, 2008