63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

90% Outlander: Season 1

The Penalty Reviews

AJ V

November 22, 2011
This movie was very predictable, but Cheney does a great job as usual in his strange role of a criminal kingpin without legs. The romantic part of it was good too, although sometimes unintentionally funny. But then the ending was really very sad. Overall it was pretty good, but it could have been better.
June 22, 2007
Lon Chaney is truly amazing (isn't he always?) as a double amputee and the visual design of the film is simply wonderful... but the script has a severely sluggish pace with long periods where nothing happens to further the story, and the resolution is ludicrous and seems to come out of nowhere, making it anti-climatic. I recommend this to lovers of silent film as Chaney is a true wonder to behold, but others may wish to move along and view something else.
February 7, 2013
good flick, with interesting portrayals. I felt that each actor tried, with success, to bring their characters to life and be believable. Solid direction and camera work, though the script seemed simplistic - but that was often a hallmark of the silent age. Appropriate ending given the scenes immediately prior.