• R, 1 hr. 52 min.

96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

The Perez Family Reviews

Lady D

August 27, 2007
A ridiculous comedy, which seems to have a much worthy cast than this film gives it credit; Chaz Palminteri, Angelica Houston, Marissa Tomei and Vincent Gallo all of whom have appeared in much better quality films.

The idea as a film is quite comical I guess, collecting family members to create a fiamily, but it was simply a film with a little bit of potential that went horribly wrong.
iLeo
iLeo

December 10, 2007
An all-time favorite!
June 17, 2012
My only knock on this movie was that it would have been nice if hollywood would have case Cubans to play the Cubans. Otherwise it's a pretty good movie.
nkkigrrl28
September 10, 2008
Marisa was a little over-the-top, but I loved her performance anyway. She was sexy, sultry, primal, everything her character was supposed to be. Alfred Molina and his honest and open face, and his soulful and sexy dark eyes...he was perfection. This movie was highly enjoyable, and left me in need of a cold shower!
July 12, 2007
i saw this at an advance screening many years ago. i remember it being really cute and heart warming.
jaynyca1
June 5, 2007
I really like this movie and I really love the whole story line and Marisa Tomei is wonderful in this film, it's definately a nice date movie but that's ok, cause it's not your typical date movie
April 14, 2013
celia cruz should have appeared more! i give it 3 stars!
December 17, 2011
Good movie with a "Feel good" ending.
March 26, 2011
The most touching and socially timely movie of our time. Claro que se trata de cubanos pero we have a country full of emigrants who need the same level of compassion and acceptance as the The Perez Family regardless of national origin.
February 1, 2011
Nice watching experience
kingofthecorn
October 20, 2006
Here's another film rating.
deane28
November 5, 2004
Good God I can't stand this film. The acting is horrible, the story is completely void of anything interesting and there's Indians popping up at random places where normally there should be Mexicans or Cubans or Chicanos. Maybe that's because this film is directed by then first-timer Arie Nair, an Indian director. And this film follows like an Americanized Indian Bollywood film where Tomei particularly busts out dancing at the randomest of times, like on the crappy boat coming from Cuba to Miami. Err, just thinking about this film is aggrivating!