• R, 2 hr.

Perfect Reviews

deano
deano

October 16, 2006
Quite average comedy-drama, but Jamie Lee Curtis looked bloody hot.
September 6, 2012
I am guessing that cinematographer Gordon Willis had to shoot this and another turkey, "The Money Pit," to atone for his comparing himself to Rembrandt! As you can imagine, it's a superficial story about health clubs being single's bars. But, in the hands of serious director James Bridges, it's trying to be a movie about journalistic ethics. Of course, it doesn't work, and is considered to be one of the 80's greatest flops. The cheesy 80's music and costumes eternally date the movie and make it only a superficial document of the decade.
May 14, 2008
When a Rolling Stones journalist decides to write an article on health clubs in the 80's, he meets some resistance in a female aerobics instructor. A star packed film with a great soundtrack makes this 80's cult movie a must see...though the story leaves something to be desired. Watch at your own risk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
June 26, 2014
Pathetic excuse for filmmaking but it did expose Jann Wenner for the big old girl that he was years before he actually "came out", which is amusing
June 30, 2012
The best thing was Jamie Lee Curtis in a leotard, glistening in sweat. Still, not a completely bad movie
Mike L.
January 11, 2011
A movie known more for its leg-warmers than anything else. There is no story and is nothing more than a reason to show Curtis and Henner in spandex.
Luc L.
November 10, 2010
A pointless story and not entertaining.
jennifer's picks & pa
March 23, 2006
[size=2]I'm beginning the rather lengthy task of entering into the database every film I have seen, at least those I have a decent memory of. Some may have the briefest of reviews while many will just have a number. Those films that I consider personal favorites and/or those that have some historical signficance I will add later when I have time for more lengthy reviews.

[b]Twins[/b], directed by Ivan Reitman, stars Arnold Schwarznegger and Danny DeVito as twins sperated at birth who later reunite. This is Arnold's first attempt at comedy, and he isn't half-bad, but the major problem with this film is that it relies on one central joke. Not horrible, just mediocre comedy here. The film also features Kelly Preston and Chloe Webb.

[b]Lust in the Dust[/b], directed by Paul Bartel, is a spood of old westerns which stars Tab Hunter and Divine. Although this film has a few funny moments, you can tell this isn't a John Waters film. If it was it would have been much better.

[b]Criminal Law[/b], directed by Martin Campbell, is a pretty bad legal/crime thriller despite the presence of Kevin Bacon and Gary Oldham.

[b]Road House [/b]was a failed attempt at cashing in on Patrick Swayze's popularity.

[b]Perfect[/b] is the perfect example on why John Travolta's star had faded by the mid 80's.

[/size]