Perfect Creature Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
½ December 1, 2011
Perfect Creature was one of those films that I had high hopes for. Unfortunately, I was let down, and left very disappointed in what I saw. The film had the potential something terrific, but instead it's a total mess of a film. The concept of the film, I have say was very good, unfortunately the execution of a good story, never develops and the film is awful. Which, I think is a terrible thing because the idea of the films plot was very original and intriguing. However, the direction the film takes is poor, and director Glen Standring seems like he can't direct anything good about his interesting script. This had to be the most interesting twist on vampire mythology in quite some time, it's a great shame that the cast and plot don't deliver despite the promising idea for the plot. The films problem is that there's a great concept at work here, but everything else is boring, uninteresting and in the end it makes you bored out of your mind. I think Perfect Creature is one of those films of which had the potential of being so much better than what it turned out to be. This just goes to show that when a director with no experience helms a film with a good concept like this, it ends up being a total dud. As a vampire film, Perfect Creature fails despite the good idea for its plot.
December 13, 2009
I really thought I would like this. It has a good idea for a story with a vampire race living along side humans in an alternate world. That was one of the let downs as the alternate world is like a mish mash of Victorian times mixed with 60's technology, steam powered cars? Why this setting? Could have been a lot better along the line of Underworld, Equilibrium.....but falls way short.
May 13, 2009
It reminded me of Underworld, though the two plots are very different, mainly because the world they create is perhaps the most interesting thing about the film for me. Otherwise, despite the few touching moments I couldn't find any real interest in the plot, or the characters. The one thing that could work when all this fails - the sex appeal - was also absent. Nice idea, shame about the result.
RCCLBC
½ February 12, 2009
A very creative spin on vampire lore.

This film created a very stylized and intriguing mythology and was visually intriguing and at times stunning.

Has the feel of a graphic novel. Would love to see more of these characters and the story in general.
½ July 25, 2007
Absolutely brilliant. A unique, sophisticated, original and superb vision. The most outstanding genre-bending film in years, combining horror, science fiction, action and mystery. An incrediable movie. A masterpiece. It's remarkable, thrilling and exhilerating. Gripping, riveting, pulse-pounding and teriffying. It shares the same gothic life style as Underworld and the same futuristic scenario as Children of men. A superior and intelligent film that takes a new turn at the vampire genre. A teriffic, stunning and mind-blowing thrill-machine. Sheer excitment and suspense that never lets up. A truly great story with a very talented cast. Tremendous and unforgettable.
thefog1331
½ September 2, 2007
Interesting and original take on vampires. It's a lttle slow and Leo Gregory is a bit too hammy but overall an entertaining experience.
August 9, 2007
The movie attempts to take a new approach on vampire movies and starts out with a few nice ideas and an interesting early 20th century alternate world. Where it goes from there is a lot less interesting, with stereotype characters which make it hard to care for and rather bad dialogues. A rather lame bad guy and a disappointing showdown ruin the good impression entirely after all. Not really worth seeing.
Beefy
½ July 27, 2007
A pleasant surprise! A fun new take on vampires that has a little Gattica in it, some Dark City, some 28 Days Later, and even a religious thriller. Well acted by all, especially Leo Gregory.
½ January 22, 2009
Vampire movie about humans and vampire's co-existing peacefully. Things seem fine aside from the occasional sign of caution, but when a flu epidemic breaks out over the humans and a rogue vampire starts feeding on them, the balance looks set to be destroyed so it's up to a team of local detectives,along with help from a well known and respected vampire, to hunt down the rogue vampire. It's good to see a vampire movie with a decent plot along with good acting, it doesn't happen often, unfortunately! A good take on the vampire genre.
FanGirl
½ October 3, 2007
Cheesey production quality but an interesting and fresh take on vampires. If you like vampire movies you should check this one out for a really interesting take on the mythology.
September 5, 2007
An alright, fun, but too highly produced vampire flick.
½ October 5, 2011
This movie has alot going for it, but it just isn't executed well enough to make it anything better than mediocre. The first and foremost strength of the film is its unique setting and blending of genres. Its like 'Blade 2' meets 'Jack the Ripper'.

Introducing a vampire storyline into Victorian style society isn't necessarily original, but it has a very original feel about it. The acting isn't terrible, but not terribly good either. My main gripe is that just not enough is going on, and the interesting elements are stretched out too far, dissipating their effect.

It is well filmed from a technical standpoint, and brings an interesting take to the vampire film, but unfortunately, the story was largely boring.
½ November 22, 2009
A very welcome surprise. B-movie, sure, but very well made, acted, great cinematography, decent score, and fairly original.
½ June 2, 2009
I like to see the twists on Vampire myths so it was refreshing at least. The brother was both ugly and super super creepy in the movie, I even liked the way it was filmed for how they did the superhuman senses. If you don't mind the corn syrup blood it's perfect.
July 24, 2008
A different kind of vampire movie. Not as different as Rise: Blood Hunter, but different. I guess the main thing that really annoyed me about this movie was the setting-it looked like a cross between the 1800?s and mid 1900?s (it?s based in an alternate reality-which I realized after watching the movie from reading the description). I think it would have been better if they had done a futuristic or more modern setting (because of the whole vampires were created by messing w/genetics). The conspiracy factor was there-Big Brother being a Vampire society, they could have played more on that too. I don?t know, you watch it and see how you feel.
4 outta 5, lacking something but still had neat vampire effects
½ June 1, 2008
I was a little confused by this, hard to follow. It was okay though. Mom told me to watch it, so I did.
½ March 4, 2008
didn't think i'd like this but it totally wasn't bad; in fact, it was pretty badass and cool. it's usually hard for me to see vampires play the "good guys," but this movie was able to do it right.
September 1, 2007
Interesting, if slow, take on the vampire mythos.
Combine elements of The Breed with Equilibrium with a smidge of your fave seriel killer movie, and there ya go.
½ August 29, 2007
Not even close to perfect, but.. hey, it is interesting.. the religious aspect was unexpected.. other than that though it's your typical vampire faire.. This one is a good for a vampire movie night.. but is neither detailed enough for a serious movie night, nor scary enough for a horror movie night..
July 25, 2007
Perfect Creatures is on similiar vein as Night Watch, both being novels by same arthur before made into film. A alternate new zealand, place where vampires are the servants of humans, their protector but undere the surface is something else. Vampire made virus is spreadinf rom a rebellious vampire, killing people in similar fasion of the disease influenza. The rebellious vampire Edward hates that he was raised to protect and serve humanity, being taken from his mother as a baby and raised by the church. His half brother, the good vampire Silus is forced to hunt Edward, eventually discovering truth the church kept from him, he became the hunted himself.