Pig Hunt

Pig Hunt Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

March 31, 2012
As far as nature gone wrong horror films where seemingly harmless wildlife animals go nuts, and start attacking humans, Pig Hunt is almost a passable film in the genre. But this isn't Cujo or Jaws for that matter. Pig Hunt is a fun film, but of course it lacks everything that can make it a good film. it's a low budget monster film with a demented Boar as the antagonist. The idea may seem appealing, but the film is barely watchable. The film has a few good moments, but unfortunately, it's not enough to elevate this low budget Horror Comedy above decent , and the film ends up being a below average film with actors that cannot act or make this the enjoyable film that it could have been. Add to that a mediocre script, and you have a film that doesn't quit work. I think this is unfortunate because this film had good ideas and kind of hand a good idea of where it would in the horror department. The film suffers and ends up being a mediocre film, despite the fact that it's entertaining. The cast, like I said are horrible and can't act, and I personally think that it's one of the reasons that this film is not good. Pig Hunt is entertaining, but not very watchable. This is not a film that will withstand multiple viewings. The idea is good, but the execution is poor. If the filmmakers would have picked a better cast, and reworked the script a bit, I think this one would have been a good creature feature. Unfortunately it's barely watchable in the sense that the actors are bad and the plot isn't fully developed. Don't go in expecting something great with this one, you'll be disappointed if you do.
thefog1331
thefog1331

February 23, 2011
Hmmm, I seem to be in the minority but I really enjoyed this Deliverance/Razorback mash up. There's some decent gore, a good pace, a healthy dose of humor (some of it black) and an amazing looking wild boar that is 100% practical. In fact I don't believe there's ANY CG in this thing. Plus I like director Isaac's style (excluding Skinwalkers) so thats just a bonus for me.
Dean !

February 20, 2011
A better than expected low budget horror film. It has some good moments, quite gory at times and enough action to keep you going. If it's not wild boars, you have to look out for Rednecks and hippy cults to!
Beefy
Beefy

January 25, 2011
Giant pig kills people in the woods. Beware of hippies.
Ken S

January 24, 2011
A salad bar of a film with a little bit of everything including music by Les Claypool. Second best giant pig movie out there, behind Razorback!!!
bbcfloridabound
bbcfloridabound

January 4, 2011
Anybody from the South (GA-AL-FL) know who Hogzilla is, This film is no more then a Hunt for just that Hogzilla, From the Fangoria Fright Fest and to be honest don't know how it made it there. Could have been part pf the Man eater Series. Finally in last few minutes we see the big pig and the special effects suck. The thing that makes the film enjoyable is Tina Huang. Can only go with 2 1/2 stars on this one
Jacob P

June 7, 2011
The story was good...It just got way too boring and off track...and they could've showed a lot more man eating pig in this movie...
December 23, 2013
Oh my, what does one say about Pig Hunt? Let's start with the song, Booneville Stomp, from Les Claypool. I love the song, but I love even more the way they inserted bits of it throughout the film to set the mood. Well done. This film started very slow, and I fell asleep the first time I tried to watch it. I went back for another go and I'm glad I did. We've got pig heads, we've got human heads, we've got boobies and we've got blood and guts and bones all over the place. There's a lot going on. We have the hillbillies hell bent on revenge, trying to kill the city folk, we have the hippies trying to feed the city folk to a giant wild boar, we've got the city folk killing the hillbillies and the hippies to survive, and sadly, everyone's so busy killing everyone else, no one paid any attention to the glorious marijuana crop. For what I would consider a member of the "bad horror" genre, this was actually quite pleasantly gruesome and entertaining after the boring start.
May 31, 2012
The only thing interesting and creative was the boar in the last 10 minutes of the movie's climax. Awful over all.
May 29, 2012
This one had way too much plot going on for its own good, as people going hunting becomes them being stalked by a gigantic pig, which becomes issues with the local rednecks which eventually becomes something else and it just feels like too much to take in.

It's passable, but nothing I can see myself coming back to.
April 21, 2012
Pig Hunt has a promising set-up: crazed rednecks, psycho hippie cult, giant killer boar, massive marijuana fields, etc. It sounds fairly original, but the movie just can't ever quite do anything interesting with its subject matter. Still it is a somewhat entertaining if ultimately disappointing piece of horror pablum.
Vlad C.
May 31, 2013
I sat and watched this movie with high hopes, not reading any reviews about it prior. I'm giving Pig Hunt one star only because the monster hog was not CGI. It did have decent gore but everything was dampened by the rather annoying injections of political commentary about the Iraq War. If I wanted to watch a horror movie about the Iraq War and George Bush I would have turned on the t.v to MSNBC.

The only deaths in the movie that saddened me were the dog and the monster hog. Unfortunately he doesn't kill off everyone which is really how the movie should have ended. Story was ridiculous...an all female hippie cult led by one black man growing marijuana and feeding trespassers to a freakishly large hog who's tusks look like they're made out of Costco churros.

I've seen a French hog hunting movie and a Korean hog hunting movie, and both of those were much better than this pile of slop called Pig Hunt.
April 8, 2013
I liked it..I laughed.. I considered it somewhat of a spoof on the Horror/Action genre. And I swer I aw a few guys from The Eagles(Band) in it.
November 27, 2012
Took half of the movie to start and it was just gross. No character build up at all. Nothing in this movie was even close to believable. Acting was lacking of course. Your typical D list movie with the most awkward sound track ever.
toxiemite
April 27, 2012
How to describe Pig Hunt? Hmm. Well its quite the mind fuck and Im not sure if thats in a good way. The movie is like the dirty little love child of Deliverance and Razorback. Its directed by Jim Isaak (Jason X, House 3) so there's some nice control here... the soundtrack is by Les Claypool and I cant think of a better person for it. But the movie struggles when trying to combine horror and comedy and the result is a hokey and often tacky b-movie. Its moderately enjoyable but I wont be rushing to watch it again.
FilmGrinder S.
September 15, 2011
Sweet score from Primus's Claypool! I really liked this indi.
August 12, 2011
1 star for the score (Les Claypool)
Jacob P

June 7, 2011
May 3, 2011
Best thing about this movie, music by Les Claypool!