Pinero Reviews

June 16, 2007
Benjamin Bratt is Amaizing in this Feature Film. I had the opportunity to work in this Movie and I was just blown away looking at him Performing.
½ February 3, 2010
**1/2 (out of four)

Pinero was a poet who lived in New York. The troubled man's life was splattered with excessive drug and
alcohol abuse.

Benjamin Bratt stars as Pinero and he does a good job at showing the poet's torment and disinegration. But his performance is the highlight. The film never finds a cohereant narrative, losing its focus.
November 23, 2009
The grittiness and realistic look to the film just doesn't work. I can see what they were going for but the movie is quite simply a boring mess. It's disjointed and lacks a cohesive structure. Considering the fact the movie is a biography of a real person, it's amazing the filmmakers were so far off from capturing the character they apparently found interesting. Miguel Pinero isn't interesting or appealing here. You just don;t care.
½ June 19, 2004
A mess. Boring, weirdly paced, and lacks a cohesive story. You don't care for any characters. Bratt gives a good performance on bad script.

*.5/****