Movies Like Pirates of Silicon Valley

August 27, 2011
three stars
Jason S

December 19, 2008
I enjoyed the performances by the two main actors but the fake documentary left a little to be desired. I would have liked a more straight forward telling of the story in the traditional movie of the week way.
It did show me that both these guys are a little nuts. I guess that's what it takes to make the millions... a weak grasp of reality.
kenscheck
September 14, 2011
Decent TV movie about the invention of the home personal computer, and the battle between Apple and Microsoft in the early days. Its fascinating, and well acted, especially for a TV movie.
English47
June 19, 2011
Very entertaining and provocative, but as far as filmmaking goes... there is nothing to be desired. They could maybe remake this in the form of a The Social Network manner.
QueenCityFilms
QueenCityFilms

September 6, 2010
Nothing too special, nothing too disappointing. Performances were okay. Script could have had a much stronger ending, and a couple of scenes had me yawning, but it was decent. This really, truly is a made for TV film. For me, it was a made for youtube, chunked into 10 parts film.

Thank you Steve Jobs, for dropping acid in college, shaving cats, and making computers.

Bill Gates can suck it.
moviegirl50
August 10, 2006
Parts okay, parts Pretty good, a little weird but a pretty interesting story....loved the music. Did not know that Bill Gates and Steve Jobs got to the top by scheming and cheating....not too surprised.
January 9, 2009
Pretty decent movie about the development of the Apple and Microsoft companies along with the graphical user interface and personal computing in general. It is pretty fast paced but definitely interesting and worth a watch.
June 30, 2008
so geeky, but still in a funny way. Presented so that even non geeks can watch, learn, and laugh from it. well done. 2 kudos.
roruko
July 14, 2007
A favorite among geeks and nerds. I like the realistic portrayal of the contrasting persona of Steve Jobs and Bill Gates.
pandaonnanoko
July 2, 2007
really good movie! i have a macintosh haha soooo it's interesting to watch the conflict of the pc and the apple computers
June 21, 2007
A fascinating look into the history of Apple Computer and Microsoft. Since I'm biased towards "geek" movies, I had to give this one 5 stars.

Although it has been dramatized to make for a better movie, it still has the core facts straight. Also, according to the bonus on the DVD, Noah Wyle did such a good job playing Jobs that Jobs himself called Wyle after the movie aired on TV to compliment him.

This is a must-watch for any die-hard computer fan!
June 12, 2007
A decent look at two of the most important people in personal computers today. Some of the story is condensed and twisted to make for better drama, but it's not really that far off the mark.
MovieGuruDude72
June 19, 2007
Could have done a better job making this one. Anthony Michael Hall as Bill Gates???? What's up with that?
evlperson
May 22, 2007
This, along with Hackers, shows you some interesting tidbits you may or may not have known; unfortunately, a good chunk of them have been rendered obsolete by the time the film(s) came out.
freakadeek19
May 14, 2007
had to watch this in computer apps the other day, really weird and pretty boring, funny how the nerds are the ones you see smoking
kriscyr1
February 4, 2007
If you ever wanted to know the REAL story behind Bill Gates and his fortune, this is a terrific little glimpse of history that most people don't know or talk about. I enjoyed it, but I am also a computer geek, so if you find yourself bored with it and can't make it to the end, email me and I'll tell you the end.
nanoqna
January 12, 2007
i wanted to see this movie. but i was dissapointed. everything was ok. it was boring though. a lot of it wasn tin the movie.
August 14, 2006
Really great film showing what a douche both Steve Jobs and Bill Gates both are... Steve Jobs for just being a dick to people and Bill Gates for being a dick who couldn't make something on his own and had to buy and steal everything...
May 26, 2006
Interesting TV movie chroniciling the rise of both Apple Computers and Microsoft. Supposedly historically accurate, but the filmmakers clearly see Bill Gates as a villain and Apple as the scruffy underdog. Since I happen to agree with that assessment, I recommend the film. HA!