19% Transcendence Apr 18

96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

Pokemon - The Movie 2000 Reviews

Lucas M

November 23, 2011
Despite the premise, Pokemon - The Movie 2000, is not really exciting like the series and become boring. The end is very violent, what could deviate the younger audience. Rotten.
Directors Cat
Directors Cat

November 1, 2011
Pokemon 2000 is 2000 times better than the original which was awful. It's still not that good though, it's good to entertain small children though. I'ts not good but its watchable.
Alexander D

September 25, 2011
A sequel to the unsuccessful anime-based film from just a single year before, POKEMON: THE MOVIE 2000 is nothing good. At all. Even a true-blue fan of the series can easily fall asleep.
KJ P

July 9, 2011
A downgrade from the original, but with all of the characters back to love, a story about three legendary birds has never been more mesmerizing to me. As an evil mastermind is planning to rule the world with possession of these three birds, he must have one more bird to rule the world; Lugia. Ash and his pals must save the earth from total destruction before the madman takes over. This was an extremely enjoyable, family friendly film, it may not be the pokemon movie we have all been waiting for, but it certainly is an awesome animated feature.
DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

March 1, 2011
Eh
michael e.
michael e.

December 20, 2010
if you critics hate on this movie that only children of the show are going to watch than why did you see it
Luke B

March 6, 2010
A bit more of extra action packed Pokemonness. Unlike the latest Star Trek film, the Pokemon films are not geared towards converting new fans. The episodes slip into the television series and make little sense unless you are familiar with Pokemon. Here we find a Pokemon collector, out to capture the legendary bird Pokemon. The plot survives for at least half the run time, but is soon an extended battle between the birds. It's fun and still limits the number of second generation Pokemon. There are a few nice touches, a couple of well timed jokes, and some heavy handed preaching about the environment, which is an odd thing for a franchise about animal fights.
Bradley W

December 2, 2011
Eh
Dillon L

December 1, 2011
I can't really remember anything about this movie at all, I watched it when I was like seven. My rating is based on the ratings of the others in the series.
Steven V

March 26, 2007
This movie is by far the best Pokemon movie. The first movies was really only a long episode of the TV series, but this one seems to be more cinematic. The story is better and the beginning short is much cooler. The graphics are improved a lot more, making it half-animation, half-computer-animation. The scenery was beautiful, even for an animation film, the entertainment level was way up there. The moral point, "If you work for it, your dreams can come true" is perfectly stated and shown in this movie.
eluberzachokafka
February 4, 2008
This movie was like wow to me when it came out and when once again the doom of the world was at stake. But a little more flushed out in detail rather than the first one. But the story to me was great! I loved how Team Rocket helped team with Ash to save the world. Lot's of clever puns, a good villian. Speaking of Lawrence III that was an awesome ship he had in the movie! 10 out of 10.
SickOfTryingToThinkOfAUserName
September 15, 2011
Liked it when I was younger, but I don't remember it nearly as much as the first one. Probably because it wasn't as entertaining to me.
RachelJezel
January 29, 2010
If you like Pokemon, or are under the age of 12 or so, you will probably like it. To anyone else, this film is way preachy at the end which destroys any enjoyment you actually may have had in watching it.
jasontmartin3
November 4, 2009
I watch this with a girls little brother it was not as bad as i thought it would be! has a lot of adult jokes!
RicC
June 11, 2009
Best of these Pokemon movies. The plot was interesting and at times it was mature. Includes second-generation Pokemon which were the best.
September 12, 2008
One of my favorite movies ever. I was just SO GOOD! The music, the story, everything was just brilliant. I haven't seen it in ages, but I'm sure my view hasn't changed one bit. Love it.
firstamb
July 8, 2008
The Pokemon movies were just weird. Ash Ketchem, Brock, Misty and the gang go after these two powerful elemental Pokemon. Guess you have to be 8 to get it.
revysTEARS
December 1, 2007
The best part of this movie to me was the music and specifically when Ash wished his mom named him Bob! ^^
worldcarstop
June 13, 2007
bad movie and wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too nice
itninetyseven
July 23, 2007
It was ok... I guess...

The song "Polkamon" at the end was probably the best part of the movie, and considering that was in the credits(also known as "The boring part that no one watches") it didn't help much.