The Pool Boys Reviews

jjnxn
½ November 13, 2009
Crude and coarse, seems like it wants to be Risky Business but misses by a wide margin.
LWOODS04
½ September 11, 2009
Matthew Lillard, Brett Davern, Rachelle Lefevre, Efren Ramirez, Jay Thomas, Tom Arnold, Rhoda Griffis

DIRECTED BY : James B. Roger

Alex Sperling, Harvard-bound valedictorian, who loses his summer internship and heads to Los Angeles to work for his charming and successful cousin Roger. Unfortunately, Roger isn't quite the accomplished businessman he's made himself out to be-- he actually dropped out of Harvard, and now works as a pool boy. A series of mishaps force Alex and Roger to squat in the stunning mansion of one of Roger's clients, where they join forces with Laura, a local escort, to start an escort business. The company grows like wildfire as Alex and Roger get caught in more and more hilarious situations, from shotgun-wielding celebrities to bar mitzvahs to sadistic lesbian businesswomen, finally culminating in one giant party... but when Alex's parents and their Harvard-alum friends show up, they have to turn the bash into a Harvard event in order to save both the business and Alex's

Not the best comedy I have seen, nor does it even come close. I felt like I was watching one of the many sequels to "American Pie". Had some funny moments. Maybe not enough. But still an OK watch. Nothing speacial, and the acting was good for some like Tom Arnold, Rachelle Lefevre, and Matthew Lillard. But the lead Brett Davern was stiff and not really that very good. First movie I have seen with him and with acting like that I don't know if I would see anymore of him. So give this movie a go if you want.
½ May 16, 2012
Beyond goofy and not that good. But, it is really fun to see the odd cameos and the decision to cast Tom Arnold as Tom Arnold, was kinda smart.
½ November 5, 2011
The best movie I have seen on VOD this month! The Pool Boys is a super hilarious college movie with hot babes to spare. It has been a while since I have enjoyed an adolescent comedy this much. The jokes are funny, the humor is unapologetic, the babes are smokin and the actors put in some hilarious performances. I particularly enjoyed Tom Arnold playing Tom Arnold as a crazy celebrity in the movie along with some great laughs from Efren Ramirez (Napoleon Dynamite). Patricia De Leon is an uber hottie and the film gave me an overall nostalgic feeling of being in school without any real cares and how fun that was. Super fun movie!
October 13, 2011
I went to the LA Premiere of the Pool Boys last night. The audience laughed the whole way through!!! Matthew Lillard and his sharp witty comedy was nicely offset by Tom Arnold's broad humor (playing a tabloid version of himself). Add Rachelle Lefevre with her intelligent charm and a wonderful cameo by George Takai and you get a very enjoyable film!

Its an added benefit there were numerous Playboy Bunnies running around topless!!!
½ July 19, 2013
Any movie with George Takei is in my favorite group, but this film is really bad.
February 3, 2013
Really, really bad Risky Business knock-off. Spare yourself the misery of this thing.
January 27, 2013
Surprisingly funny, yet predictable a straight up retarded.
½ December 2, 2012
Not even good if you are looking for brainless humor. Didn't they realize Risky Business already thought of this. I mean it's really bad
October 1, 2012
if youliked hot tub time machine, than you will love this. amazing movie
September 16, 2012
If Jesus was to rate this movie. He'd just got BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBS!
½ May 16, 2012
½ April 27, 2012
Is this movie necessary? It's not funny and pretty boring.
April 21, 2012
Slow.....then warmed up but not very good.
March 27, 2012
seems like an inspiration from American Pie sort of movies...
September 14, 2009
Considering its simple, cheesy plot "The Pool Boys" wasn't bad at all. It was almost entertaining, but also fun and different. It's dumb on occasions and gives away the wrong messages, but it's still a watchable, relaxing movie. I just enjoyed watching it. And there isn't much more to add about that.
February 18, 2012
no es original, no es graciosa....
January 24, 2012
Not sure if this film isn's a victim of Big Screen Comedy syndrome. Average viewers like it a lot more than critics. Anyway - worth a view at home now that it is out on Blu Ray!