Pootie Tang - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pootie Tang Reviews

½ November 20, 2006
Pootie Tang is quite possibly one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen. I'm talking dumb as a bowl of mice dumb and I laughed my ass off at this movie. I would've loved to see a raunchier R-rated version but watching Wanda Sykes dance (and just Wanda Sykes in general) more than made up for that. Pootie Tang also cements my belief that Louis C.K. is a genius. It's a quick watch. Just see it.
February 3, 2010
Why haven't I reviewed this movie yet? I've seen years ago, and it still makes me smile when I think of it. Looking through other Flixter reviews, it seems people love this movie, but are afraid to give it a good rating. "Stupid..." they rant, ..."but can't help but laugh". I'm sorry, but if a comedy makes you laugh, doesn't that make it good? Cast off your fears of social persecution! Embrace Pootie Tang!
flixsterman
January 6, 2009
This movie is stupid, ridiculous and completely moronic. ...and yet, I find myself laughing hysterically every time I see it. Why God, why?!?!?
August 31, 2007
I know..I know..Sah dah tay! But it is really funny.
CloudStrife84
April 27, 2007
Turned it off after 30 min, couldn't bear it anymore. So bad it hurts.
February 2, 2015
Sepatown my damie, Pootie Tang takes the tippi tai to the dillies. Still, it's not wa-da-tah to the shama cow, and there's some capachow on the runny kine. A sly pannie stai, Pootie Tang is sa-da-tay!
January 30, 2010
Sa Da Tay!
March 30, 2009
Silly but entertaining, same humor style as "the Airplane series" but not quite as silly. Maybe it's just a "Pootie Thang"
½ June 12, 2014
Eh. Not as good as its cult following makes it out to be, but not as bad as many critics make it out to be. It's just 70 minutes of unadulterated silliness. Do you need much more than that in a movie named Pootie Tang?
April 18, 2014
I don't know what the 29% is about. Pootie Tang (or at least the firs 20 minutes of it so far) is the greatest movie I have ever seen/
July 8, 2013
Proving how out of touch critics were when this comedy goldmine first released, this not-very-well-received but genuinely funny Chris Rock Show extended-sketch has all the head-scratching hilarity of Pootie Tang's 'vernacular' mixed in with some ace turns from David Cross, Andy Richter, Bob Costas, and so many more. Yeah, you may need to smoke a joint before this, but as far as I'm concerned, if a comedy can stand up to my high tastes, then it's certified FRESH. 5/5 DON'T LEAVE ME POOTIE BABY I NEED YOU. Also, this was written and directed by Louis C.K. and rings true as one of his finest comic efforts to this day. No, really.
½ March 9, 2013
If you glance at the DVD cover of "Pootie Tang" at Wal-Mart, you'll think it is equivalent to dog-s***, but when you watch it you'll think otherwise.
March 7, 2013
I was shown this movie by a friend who rags on my taste in movies. It's like watching a movie based on a SNL character sketch without the benefit of ever seeing one of the sketches-it was stupid times 1000 but with the added benefit (for me) of making her movie opinions moot forevermore.
November 7, 2012
Day 20: Pootie Tang. One major problem with this film is that it assumes being a deliberate B-movie is funny in and of itself. It's not. Pootie Tang also loses points for being definitive proof that at one point in his career, Louis CK wasn't funny.
½ September 6, 2012
See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?
August 31, 2012
Hella funny and retarded in a good way! Sine yo pitty on the runny kine! Early Chris Rock character and Louis C.K writing and directing
½ August 9, 2012
A fairly funny movie. Incomprehensible to those without a decent understanding of African American pop culture.
½ August 6, 2011
A self aware, satirical and all around funny spoof of the last thirty years of black pop culture. Pootie Tang doesn't provide much story or character, but enough half witted gags to make it worth a watch.
½ October 31, 2011
I had to give this a look because of the Louis CK involvement, as I'd only seen portions of it before and found the weird gibberish language very off-putting and annoying.

Watched in its entirety, the film is amusing from time to time, though I still never fully warmed to the goofy slang thing, it just bugs me after awhile.

It's an okay watch, but I doubt I'd go back any time soon.
April 8, 2011
A real niice comedy.....with Chris Rock's comedic role or voice over...i thought it was a 'B' movie!