Pootie Tang Reviews

½ November 20, 2006
Pootie Tang is quite possibly one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen. I'm talking dumb as a bowl of mice dumb and I laughed my ass off at this movie. I would've loved to see a raunchier R-rated version but watching Wanda Sykes dance (and just Wanda Sykes in general) more than made up for that. Pootie Tang also cements my belief that Louis C.K. is a genius. It's a quick watch. Just see it.
February 3, 2010
Why haven't I reviewed this movie yet? I've seen years ago, and it still makes me smile when I think of it. Looking through other Flixter reviews, it seems people love this movie, but are afraid to give it a good rating. "Stupid..." they rant, ..."but can't help but laugh". I'm sorry, but if a comedy makes you laugh, doesn't that make it good? Cast off your fears of social persecution! Embrace Pootie Tang!
flixsterman
January 6, 2009
This movie is stupid, ridiculous and completely moronic. ...and yet, I find myself laughing hysterically every time I see it. Why God, why?!?!?
August 31, 2007
I know..I know..Sah dah tay! But it is really funny.
CloudStrife84
April 27, 2007
Turned it off after 30 min, couldn't bear it anymore. So bad it hurts.
February 2, 2015
Sepatown my damie, Pootie Tang takes the tippi tai to the dillies. Still, it's not wa-da-tah to the shama cow, and there's some capachow on the runny kine. A sly pannie stai, Pootie Tang is sa-da-tay!
January 30, 2010
Sa Da Tay!
March 30, 2009
Silly but entertaining, same humor style as "the Airplane series" but not quite as silly. Maybe it's just a "Pootie Thang"
½ October 31, 2011
I had to give this a look because of the Louis CK involvement, as I'd only seen portions of it before and found the weird gibberish language very off-putting and annoying.

Watched in its entirety, the film is amusing from time to time, though I still never fully warmed to the goofy slang thing, it just bugs me after awhile.

It's an okay watch, but I doubt I'd go back any time soon.
May 27, 2011
"Just 'cause a girl like to dress fancy and stand on the street corner near some whores, you automatically think she's hookin'?"
January 2, 2011
LOL. The more you realize how undeniably bad this movie wants to be, the more you see it's genius. It's a great movie to see how anybody can be a star for just about anything these days. This was a very funny movie, but most people will beg to differ if they can't get pass the silliness hahah.
July 19, 2009
This is the film were I was introduced to the actress Kristen Bell(Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Fanboys, and Veronica Mars).
½ December 25, 2008
This movie is just some serious ridiculousness. About the most unlikely man to be a hero and sex symbol, but is. Speaks jibberish, and whoops up on hilarious bad guys with a belt. Definitely worth a watch if you're in a silly mood.
½ July 21, 2008
All copies of this movie should be burned and, any public showing of this flicks should be seen as an attack on our way of life.
½ July 13, 2008
Cult favorite of comedy geeks. Louis CK disowned it when my brother and I met him after he did a show at CMU. We all secretly love it. Chris Rock is awesome in it
½ December 13, 2007
it's a supid movie, but if you need a pick me up then this is the movie for you. it's so dumb that you'll laugh.
October 3, 2007
"I'm going to sine your pitty on the runny kine!" Omg! This shit was crazy! I laughed so much...wow..utter nonsense in a good way!
½ September 21, 2007
Oh my god, how was this so bad. Out of all his characters from the Chris Rock show to make a movie about, why. (David Cross as the fake Pootie was mildly funny).
½ April 26, 2007
The biggest of my dirty pleasures. I could watch this movie repeatedly and each time think it was one of the greatest movies I have seen.
½ April 17, 2007
Does this movie really need a comment? Ok to the 6 other people who sat through this, our meetings are on Tuesdays right? The one for PTSD?