67% The Equalizer Sep 26

Practical Magic Reviews

3niR
3niR

November 27, 2010
It did felt corny at some moment(s) (the blood thingy at the end). But other than that, the whole movie was great. Is full of magic (not the silly ones). I loved the bonding of Sandra and Nicole. It made me jealous for not having a sister.
LWOODS04
LWOODS04

September 28, 2008
This is my favorite Sandra Bullock movie besides While You Were Sleeping. Love this movie. Own it and watch it often with friends. There are three movies me and my friends watch often together and it's Practical Magic, Girl Interrupted, and Almost Famous. Never fails. It's always one of the three..
Sandra and Kidman are great together and really make you believe they are sisters. The aunts are insane and funny and its great. One of the best Witch movies out there.
Dean !

January 1, 2007
A very enjoyable film with a very good cast including a very young Camilla Belle. A mix of Rom-Com/drama that has some dark moments as a family of witches try to break a curse within their family.
deano
deano

November 30, 2006
Deliciously wicked and sweet entertaining story! Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman are devilishly sexy as the spell-casting sisters doomed to be single for the rest of their natural life... and Stockard Channing and Diane Wiest are also enchanting as their aunts that have raised them on chocolate cake and midnight margaritas! Aidan Quinn rounds out the superb cast as a detective determined to find out the truth behind the disappearance of a wanted killer.
FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

March 29, 2008
i love tis film great performancs and really good to watch excellent storylie
thmtsang
thmtsang

July 14, 2007
Great actresses, but weak plot.
ajaymuthecooldevils
ajaymuthecooldevils

June 2, 2006
Awesome! I love Bullock's and Nicole's performance. They're so lovely.. Best Movie of 1998
puffchunk
puffchunk

September 24, 2007
fun
Red L

August 20, 2007
A little bit silly (well actually a lot silly). But a happy ending.
Rachel F

May 31, 2007
I absolutely love this movie. It's funny and it has a very good storyline. Plus, i'm a sucker for anything that has to do with the supernatural.
garyX
garyX

February 26, 2007
Like the similarly supernatural Witches Of Eastwick, and The Craft before it, this just doesn't work for me. Sandra Bullock is pleasant enough, but the characters are stereotypes and the plot is contrived and forced. The colossal handicap of Nicole Kidman's presence doesn't help either.
Drew S

January 22, 2007
This is my mother's favorite movie - she's watched it upwards of 100 times. Naturally, I get a lot of it as well. The ending is sort of stupid and I can't say the plot really sits well with me, but there are parts of it I like a lot. The performances, most notably, are great.
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

January 17, 2007
dark and pointless, most chicks dig it i guess
Jason S

December 28, 2006
I was a little confused. Was it supposed to be a funny movie?
Stuart B

October 3, 2006
Maybe its just me but I didnt care what happened...
Steven V

April 13, 2007
Absolute movie. Brilliantly written, with great acting from all the actors. A charming and magical story about curses, love and of course, magic.
xxdebxx
xxdebxx

August 19, 2010
Sally (Sandra Bullock) and Gillian (Nicole Kidman) play witches looking for love, struggling against a curse, which predestined that every man they love would die a sudden, tragic death. The girls are raised by their two aunts, Frances (Stockard Channing) and Jet (Dianne Wiest) after the death of their parents. When Gillian is beaten by her boyfriend Jimmy, she seeks Sally's help, but things don't work out as planned and they find themselves in a whole lot of trouble and have to take drastic measures when they accidentally kill him. See how they deal with breaking the god-awful curse, finding love and killing JIMMY TWICE.While there is precious little magic in PRACTICAL MAGIC, I found it entertaining and the aunts are a riot.
Joseph E

October 28, 2007
Oh, "Sandra", How can it be that "The Net" Is still your best film, and that Mediorce "Forces of Nature"is your second?

Oh, Wait, when you act and get directed this bad in a film, I can understand, and stand corrected.
Jason S

May 31, 2006
Skewing of comedy and drama, Practical Magic is an odd concoction that doesn't sit well on either side of the genre. Doesn't help that Kidman and Bullock are lifeless and average at best.
Sylvester K

September 23, 2012
A tad underrated. Visually stunning and was really great to see Nicole and Sandra together, it's like a dream come true. It's a bit cheesy here and corny there, and somewhat too short to fully explain the details in the film.