A Price Above Rubies - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Price Above Rubies Reviews

½ October 17, 2006
Very well done film. Don't miss watching this one.
iLeo
December 16, 2007
Great film!
½ June 14, 2011
Reminded me a bit of Holy Rollers with the Look Inside the Hasidic Community & Customs & Someone Struggling with that
½ July 20, 2007
Female empowerment with both sexiness and tears; a realistic view of the suppression of women and the need to rise above societal constraints of any sort.
½ March 13, 2016
Did watch this one 2 years ago or so ....yesterday in ffw 25 minutes . Just Soso . SOMDVD
½ January 27, 2014
Despite the well known actors, there was way too many problems in the plot! I wasn't sure if I was following a divorce, Jewish traditions, affair, or career driven woman! However, I can understand and respect a woman wanting to break away from tradition! What was with her brother?? Was she the only one who could see him? Did her soul leave her body to do so? Kind of confusing! Glad she found her strength and independence! Overall well directed and intriguing movie!
December 22, 2013
My Favorite Film Is 1941's Citizen Kane.
November 24, 2013
This sounded interesting to me... I insert the dvd, and find out it's in my hometown of Boro Park... then I'm looking at the lead male... its my former theatre troupe member, Glen Fitzgerald! This was an eyeopener for me; I know every ethnicity has all types... but this went into it deep... really liked... Renee Zellweger was awesome, and the ending message was terrific!!
½ July 12, 2013
A Price Above Rubies is a boring film. It is about a young woman who is married to a devout Jew and the problems that trouble their marriage because of the woman wanting something more out of her life. Renee Zellweger and Glenn Fitzgerald give terrible performances. The script is badly written. Boaz Yakin did a horrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with this motion picture.
March 12, 2013
Had some good moments, but sloppy script filled with cliches ruins it. ......
½ January 27, 2013
A great concept, except it leaves you hanging just like Sonia's life up to that moment.
February 28, 2012
Rebezar Tarz said it is good to be born in a religion but not to die in one. This is about one woman's liberation from her religion. Renee Zellweger plays the lead beautifully. Recommended.
½ August 10, 2011
Beautiful film, shows exactly how religion can be used to entrap women, and stop free thinkers from asking questions, or living life through their own free will. Male dominance is shown through out the film, with women that stand behind them. I love how Renee's character stands up for herself.
½ June 14, 2011
½ November 22, 2010
Un poco rara pero entretenida
½ October 1, 2010
I am impressed. Almost liked Renee Zellweger in this, what ever happened to her since these times???. Woman in strict religious environment, questioning religious ways and female suppression, empowerment, humour, sex and beautiful jewelry. Figures that the Weinstein brothers were involved....
May 4, 2010
ps no muy entretenida... pero ps con algo de historia... como ella por buscar su felicidad renuncio a lo que ya tenia seguro sinembargo q no era suficiente!
½ December 31, 2008
Honest, exotic, sexy, worth it in spades
August 14, 2008
what a beautiful movie - about a girl married into a frum family in borough park who doesn't fit in and eventually rebels... really nice!!