—— The Identical Sep 05

—— Unforgettable: Season 2

P.S. I Love You Reviews

John M

June 21, 2008
A very cute movie that made me laugh and cry. A top notch cast that kept me waiting. While I didnt cry at every letter like a certain someone in my life. The story and acting were excellent.
Red L

April 3, 2011
Interesting movie. I can't imagine what it would be like to have a spouse die on you, but what Gerry does for Holly is pretty special.
Apeneck F

December 26, 2007
The premise is so unbelievable I can't believe no one questions it: dying husband plans grieving wife's moves months in advance. How does he know??? "No one cares, its just a plot device, and the story's sooo sad..." I kept waiting for a letter to arrive out of the planned order. Anyway, a chick flick about love that reaches from beyond the grave ... and about getting on with living. The actors are good.
KJ P

September 25, 2010
There is not much too this film, and it is very cliched, but the final product, for what it is, is very well done. Hilary Swank leads this film, and although the film begins with her husband passing away, he is able to hold the film together well enough for it to be a satisfying watch. It is definitely not the most original idea, and the dialogue is plain and sappy, but what would a romance be without a little of that? I found myself falling into every scene, no matter if it was dumb or beautiful, I felt the impact that I think the filmmakers intended. It is definitely a great date film that is not hard to watch, albeit a bit depressing at times. I felt myself to be upset for most of the film, but for all the right reasons. It's certainly not a hall of fame entry, but "P.S. I Love You" is tender enough to enjoy.
Megan S

January 18, 2008
I should have seen this movie a lot earlier. It was very enjoyable. Watching the deleted scenes I'm definitely glad they left out the scene with "sick" Jerry, that just wouldn't have fit in with the rest of the movie.
murphmann93
murphmann93

June 24, 2011
This film was absolutely heart wrenching. How this got bad reviews I will never know. Gerard Butler and Jefferey Dean Morgan had their Irish accents perfect and made you fall in love with them. Hilary Swank was amazing and the ending makes you cry every time. Credit to all of the cast! A must see film!
Alexis N

December 6, 2010
Wow, Gerard Butler is such a babe! He's adorable in this movie too. The movie itself is sad-cute-but-mostly-sad. A lot of laughs with some tears. It gives you that false sense of hope that a love like that is out there.. it's a total chick-flick.
Luke B

September 4, 2010
Annoying dialogue starts this movie off. It's the typical kind of dialogue written by somebody thinking they are clever, however the stale cliches they throw out just highlight their lack of imagination. So after Swank and Butler piss me off for 12 minutes, Butler dies and the film is a look at love, life and letting go. It's similar to other movies like this, there's a nice guy that is understanding of the widow's situation, but by the end he is an angry and unpleasant person. There are some excellently hilarious lines, but this hits neither the tear jerking moments, nor the uplifting feel that it's aiming for.
3niR
3niR

July 24, 2010
Me and my bf watched this movie in the theater today. It was the only movie available as we've already seen other ones. And it wasn't in my list (pending). So basically, this was just a time pass. Honestly I didn't like this movie that much. My bf was skeptical. It does have some funny scenes that will bring a smile on your face for a moment. The story was touching (the part: losing husband in such a young age). But I think this movie is overrated.
Anthony L

April 28, 2010
PS. I love you is original, I'll give it that, it's just unnecessarily long and could do with 20 mins cut from the middle. It's sweet but towards the end you will have well gotten over any grief you may have felt and perhaps care very little as to what the characters futures hold. Credit for originality though.
BEACHBUNNI
BEACHBUNNI

February 3, 2008
Holly embarks on a touching, exciting, and often hilarious journey of rediscovery in a story about marriage, friendship, and how a love so strong can turn the finality of death into a new beginning for life
Wildaly M

May 25, 2007
So sappy didn't even finish watching it.

Didn't even finish it. I just didn't feel Swank was the choice for the role.
FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

April 12, 2008
My favourite movie of 2007 i swear i cry everytime i see this movie! Its so beautifully written and acted and thats why this movie is brillaint! Its so sweet thoughtfull, thought provoking and funny and sad whilst alaso entertaining!!
swank plays a lady who falls in love with an irishman but she suddenly becomes a widower and soons start recieving letters and gifts from her late husband that he clearly has planned! this is such a lovely romcom which has a lot romance such a lovely movie!!
Jason S

November 4, 2007
An above average chick flick with a cast that really goes above and beyond what I was expecting.
It's a good story and one that I haven't seen before in a flick. We rarely get to see someone having to move on from the death of a loved one while seeing the blossoming relationship that has passed.
I recommend this one even if you aren't into the normal chick flick formula.
MissMorganLeee
MissMorganLeee

June 29, 2008
idk why but i didnt i didnt liket his that much, it was just depressing i guess!
Alexander W

March 7, 2009
I got bored with this film instantly and although i would probably enjoy it on a different day. I found myself skipping chapters and just watching the ending. Kind of crap and very girly.
Nicki M

January 20, 2008
Can't say I was overly impressed with this one. Good cast, book was okay, can't understand how the movie is a bit of a wash out. It is by no means a bad movie, but it just drags out too long in places and something about it just doesn't sit right. Lisa Kudrow is seriously underused - this movie really needed some comic relief! Okay, I realise that as a movie about losing your partner, it was never going to be a laugh fest, but I'm sure the book wasn't as heavy going as this is at times.
Jennifer X

December 28, 2007
I don't think I would have minded this movie so much if I hadn't been so consumed by hatred for Hilary Swank every waking moment. I don't think any of the characters had a smidgen of chemistry with the others. What a terribly casted movie. I mean I don't think the basis of the story isn't as singlemindedly stupid as many formula chick flicks, but Hilary Swank KILLED it.

Lisa Kudrow and the outfits are the only positive aspects of this movie. Also, the whole concept of this movie is CREEPY and unhealthy. Why dwell on a death for so freaking long and why is the dead guy encouraging it??
Bobby H

December 14, 2008
This movie was romantic, comical, and a bit strange at times as well.

Positives: Very romantic, sad, offers you some food for thought that really brings out a persons appreciation for life. The storyline concept is great as well.

Negatives: Some scenes were a little weird and probably could of done without being put in the movie. These scenes combined with bad acting here and there cause the movie at times to feel out of sync with the rest of it. It could of been shorter and without those scenes, too find perfection.

Overall: This movie is entertaining, romantic, and very well in sync with the rest of the world. For me it was reality, and that's what I liked most about it. This is not just a Hollywood flick its an everyday reality for people all over the world. The actors did great jobs, though awkward at times, and a few scenes could of been cut. It's well worth watching and one of the better romantic flicks out there. It's not quite classic but it is more then worth watching and owning if your a hopeless romantic.
Daniel J D

December 9, 2008
From what I saw, this was a cheesy concept with some pretty good dialogue.