67% The Equalizer Sep 26

62% Under the Dome: Season 2

Pure Luck Reviews

Lucas M

May 6, 2011
Silly and sometimes very slapstick. Pure Luck, bring again the comedy style of Veber and the looney of Short. A guilty pleause.
Anthony L

September 18, 2009
A very silly Martin Short comedy that I loved when it came out.
puffchunk
puffchunk

January 3, 2008
Martin Short was one of my favorites when I saw this film, so I have good associations with it. HOwever I cannot stand the sight of him anymore, so... but he does get stung by bees, fall off waterfalls, and other zany problems that make it worth seeing.
garyX
garyX

June 28, 2007
Yet another low concept farce from Martin Short who seems to have spent his entire career being cast by directors who couldn't afford Steve Martin. Difficult to hate in the same way the testcard or a potato is.
jim222001us
jim222001us

August 29, 2007
Pure Luck is about the unluckiest man in the world (Martin Short) who's hired to find the unluckiest woman in the world who's gone missing. He just thinks he was hired due to his smarts, when the theory is that their bad luck will some how bring them together.

The plot is as silly as it sounds, yet I always liked the movie. It has it's share of charm and Short and Glover are likable together. It's also occasionally pretty damn funny.
moviegirl50
March 31, 2007
Martin Short is hilarious in this! He plays a guy who has the worst luck ever. The movie itself isn't great but still entertaining and so silly, especially when Short's character tries to fight Glover and gets stuck in a tree, or tries to take a drink and the straw goes up his nose, or gets stung by a bee and is allergic :0...I laugh every time! I can't find this movie though, I guess it's out of print? On my "Pretty Ridiculous, But I Still Like 'Em" list.
yourdean
March 8, 2009
this is a really funny movie..it is worth to watch and just have a laugh..even the story line is pretty funny..
August 1, 2008
Still as lame as I remember. Martin Short can be SO funny and this movie had so much potential but it mainly falls flat.
October 24, 2007
This one is funny. Not amazing, not out of the ordinary even. Its just a clever little film that I personally wouldn't mind having in the collection. Glover and Short play well off eachother.
MovieGuruDude72
June 20, 2007
Oh look, another movie where Martin Short plays an annoying character that gets beat up a lot. Stop the presses.
nanoqna
January 30, 2007
u shouldnt remake movies! martin short is funny tho. danny gloevr is even better. u should nt really watch it ;)
April 22, 2012
This never makes you belly laugh. It hardly makes you snigger. All the same, it's a nice, entertaining movie without being challenging. Sometimes that's all you need.
October 14, 2013
A very funny film about an unlucky man used to guide an investigator to find another very unlucky person. The set-up ensures many funny scenes with the awesome Martin Short and the good at being straight man Danny Glover.
January 25, 2013
Quite possibly the funniest movie ever made- My favorite comedy of all time for sure.
One of my favorite lines from the movie: "He's been struck by lightning twice, once while in a movie theater."
November 6, 2012
it's was the best comedy of the year
Lucas M

May 6, 2011
October 29, 2010
One of my all time favorite movies. Wish it were on DVD or Blu-Ray
idwhite
December 18, 2009
Growing up, this movie was ABSOLUTELY one of my favorites. Perhaps it is with this childish adoration that encourages my high rating on this, but really, who cares? It is hilarious. Martin Short is so funny in this film. Glover and Martin make a really wonderful Odd Couple. Free on Hulu- so go check it out!
Paul Celano
December 2, 2009
Ok Martin Short was pretty good in this movie. Without him, the movie would of had a one. The rest of the cast was just ok and the girl they were trying to find was just a horrible actress. Just your basic small comedy where you watch it once and that is all you need.