Python - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Python Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
September 12, 2011
Python is a mediocre, yet somewhat entertaining B movie. The concept behind this film is pretty interesting. I think that Python could have been a much better horror film if it would have been released by a big studio, had a more developed story, better actors (aside from Robert Englund) this film could have been something intense. However the film is clearly a low budget exercise in terror, and it doesn't quite succeed in pulling off the terror. If you've seen films such as Anaconda, then you've seen this film before. There's nothing new or extremely thrilling about this film. The story is clichéd and predictable. The film could have been much better than it is, but unfortunately, Python doesn't deliver anything truly horrifying due to the fact that we know what's going to happen next. As far as B movie movies are concerned, Python is very forgettable. The idea might've been good, and it is interesting. But overall it's a very poorly done and developed idea. Python does manage to be slightly entertaining, but overall fails to be an effective horror film. The film more silly than anything else and the film looks very cheap. Not even Robert Englund could make this film work, and the rest of the cast is pretty bad as well. Starship Troopers actor Casper Van Dien stars in this film as well, and quickly faded into obscurity soon after. His performance in the film doesn't do anything to elevate this film or save it from its mediocrity. You're not missing out on anything great in Python. The concept has been explored so many times before and it's been done better before.
½ September 26, 2007
An obvious low budget, and not very good film about a giant out of control snake eating the town. I watched it merly because I was an Anaconda fan at the time, and really, this movie just made me despise anymovie about man-eating snakes, because it was so ridiculously out there. We know Anaconda probably wouldnt happen either, but atleast it left some possiblities and some reality. This movie, just completley, threw reality out the door, and took fantasy way too far.
Frisby2007
½ November 8, 2010
I'd really like to know who were the mentally retarded critics that said this movie was 'as scary as Halloween & A Nightmare on Elm Street'. The special effects in this movie were complete crap for their own time, & for a 'made-for-TV-film'. The CGI snake in here was terrible. There were few points where it looks a little believable (emphasis no little), but most of the time, it had terrible CGI. I could have done a better job on a giant CGI snake using 3DS MAX.

As for the acting, don't get me started. NO ONE in this film was a decently acting. I don't know what was going through Robert Englund's mind when he decided to play a part in this 'film'. He was HORRIBLE in this movie. As for Casper Van Dien, he's not a good actor, at all. Well, he 'was' in "Dracula 3000", the worst vampire movie ever made, where he was a complete joke (& again, a terrible actor). Casper is only in that movie for his looks & getting more attention. This movie casts the best-looking cast money could buy (well, except for Dana Barron), but even so, everyone was a terrible actor. Even hot babe Jenny McCarthy wasn't taking her role seriously. She practically wanted that snake to kill her. The acting in this movie makes Jennifer Lopez's acting in "Anaconda" look like an Oscar-worthy performance.

The dialogue in here was just as bad a joke as the acting. And the worst dialogue was in that scene where Jenny McCarthy was 'interested' in buying the house. The jokes in there were so predictable & laughable in an unfunny way. Not only that, but the dialogue gets cliche as well. I felt sorry that Robert Englund had to be in this movie.

Plot & story were cliche & predictable. Oh & it's also very unoriginal.

Final summation, out of all the movies based on giant snakes, this is the worst one by far. You want some good laughs as your eyes burn to how bad a movie is? Watch this movie.
nickymo89
½ July 9, 2007
So ridiculous I couldn't even keep watching it on one of the movie channels at 2 in the morning. A sucky rip-off of Anaconda.
½ October 11, 2008
Ohh wow. Casper Van Dien! :D. Super hottie. Haha. Lmfao! I really liked this movie probably because of Robert Englund! I love that old man. I thought it sucked when that hot guy in the bathroom got it. !
October 1, 2008
other then the lezbo scene at the beganing its....pertty shitty sure it has casper van deien and robert englund but other then that....it cheese remmber.... kraft the cheesed in the fucking world....
March 18, 2007
A great cheesy movie it you don't take it too seriously. Robert Englund is the best! Oh,and let's not forget Kenny the Closer!
½ December 4, 2006
in general...its a pertty shitty movie....best parts are casper van dein and robert englund....and the lesbo sex scene...
December 14, 2015
A bad but somehow entertaining movie. But of course, your expectations need to be pretty low if you're gonna watch this trash, because it's a cheesy made for TV movie, meaning bad acting, goofy CGI effects and characters and a ridiculous story. The camera quality is super cheap and doesn't fit at all with the shity python CGI. This flick is to watch only for campy entertainment when you've got nothing else to do.
November 3, 2014
A satisfying B-movie that many will enjoy, depending your taste in movies, fans of horror films will enjoy!
July 22, 2014
Uma cobra gigante cai nacidade... e uns caipiras vão enfrenta-la... filme fraco com final horrível!
½ April 20, 2014
The acting is cheesy, the snake looks horribly fake, the story line isn't really consistent, but It's still a slitheringly fun movie, as long as you're not expecting much. If you like creature features, this is a passable way to fill an hour and a half.
September 20, 2013
The plot is boring, the characters are terrible, the acting is awful, and the CGI snake is below average. There's a number of familiar faces, but sadly they are not able to make the movie. Laughable scenes everywhere. Basically what bad movies are made of.
March 26, 2013
Amusing low budget Anaconda ripoff that relishes in its camp. Cheesy acting and effects make this a more entertaining creature feature than what we usually get.

Pros: Decent effects for its budget, campy fun, Englund and Van Dien chew scenery, some nudity.

Cons: Not as fun as I wanted it to be, the main lead is bland, some bad effects here and there, anticlimactic ending.
July 31, 2012
Okay, this movie is on Encore and it sucks worse than any vacuum cleaner ever.
½ July 16, 2012
A film with lowsy effects and bad acting which shows how much gore is needed in these types of films and of course there's none in it.
May 25, 2012
While this movie was terrabley flawed and the CGi was horrable, It was evened out by a good cast and it kept me entertained throughout. I wish they would ahve ended it right when the snake died, the last few minuites of reselution kinda drag the exitment out. But if your going to see any of the python movies screw Python 2 and Boa vs Python and go for this one.,
February 13, 2012
Kruger vs Python, not as fun as it sounds, when I was young I loved it but the effects are cheesy and the plot unoriginal. It all wouldn't even matter, if the film were fun, not so much, although it still has a certain nostalgia value for me!
½ April 15, 2012
Casper Van Dien, Robert Englund & rubber snakes... in one movie! Is about all you need to know.. if only they had through to film it on a plane.
½ April 6, 2012
Starts off with a really random lesbian scene and then never picks up again. The snake constantly changes size to fit the environment, Robert Englund is wasted, and the deaths really aren't that great.