Queer Duck: The Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Queer Duck: The Movie Reviews

October 6, 2007
Funny, but too gay for my taste... i don't even know why i rented it in the first place.. few big laughs...
November 18, 2014
Simpsons producer Mike Reiss's feature length tale of Queer Duck and his friends Openly Gator, Oscar Wildcat and Bi-polar Bear.
A gag reel of a film that will have you chuckling a plenty. Not all the jokes hit home and sometimes the silliness is just a bit too silly. Still the laughter out stripped the head shaking and the Family Guy-esque sight jokes are gold. Packet of Quentin Crisps anyone?
January 10, 2011
I enjoyed this thoroughly. It's crass. It's inappropriate. And it's hilarious. I could watch this over and over.
½ February 22, 2009
Arriving about a decade and a half too late, Mike Reiss' "Queer Duck" movie banks most of its humor on the not-particularly-startling novelty of having most of its animal characters being gay. Broadway showtunes, crossdressing, homosexual panic, and nudge-nudge-wink-wink innuendo might have been more of a novelty in, say, the 1980s, but in this day and age simply hauling the old cliches out of the closet and parading them around like you've never seen them before makes for some pretty lazy humor. The overall storyline, which has self-absorbed hero Queer Duck being turned heterosexual via some questionable brainwashing techniques, has some bright moments but largely feels like a squandered opportunity for what could have been a genuinely biting satire. While it may not be particularly hilarious, "Queer Duck" does feature some pleasantly affable characters, and it centers on a sweet-natured message about tolerance that's pretty hard to take issue with.
½ December 15, 2008
Queer Duck is pretty much 75 minutes of one gay joke after another that misses more than it hits, which is a shame because of all of the popular voice actors that pop up here and there within the film. Also, the animation is akin to a short video you'd see online somewhere, maybe youtube. I don't know it tries to do the intentionally bad animation like South Park is famous for, but if I did, it may have gone too far. Queer Duck had its moments, but it's mostly a bore. The most amusing parts were cameos b Conan O'Brien and David Duchovny.
½ June 29, 2008
WOW!! This movie was everything the title says it is. It was really funny, but even more gay. I recommend this movie to anyone who is gay, or has gay friends.
January 14, 2008
Hysterically blunt and delightfully crude, also very clever and well written. It does get to be a bit much after an hour or so, but still good fun.
July 25, 2006
[font=Courier New][i]Queer Duck[/i] was an animated show that I liked, and don?t mind seeing every once in awhile. The humor of the show was nice, and the voice talent was even better. That is why I find it depressing that the movie based on the series couldn?t raise the bar on its content, nor could it recreate any of the charm the series had.

Queer Duck (Jim J. Bullock) has left his boyfriend Openly Gator (Kevin Michael Richardson), and has ended up engaged to an aging female star named Lola Buzzard (Jackie Hoffman). So all of Queer Duck?s friends band together in hopes of saving their once gay friend.

The reason I got into the show was my respect for Billy West. If you don?t know who this man is, I?m sure you?ve at least heard his voice somewhere. He was both Ren and Stimpy, Doug and Roger Klotz from [i]Doug[/i], Fry, Prof. Farnsworth and Dr. Zoidberg on [i]Futurama,[/i] The Honey Nut Cheerios bee and the Red M&M to name a few. Plus the movie has the talents of Maurice LaMarche, Tress MacNeille, Mark Hamill, Conan O?Brien and Tim Curry.

But the film only ends up being a retread through similar jokes presented in the series. Most of the jokes worked in the animated shorts, but as a feature length film there needed to be something more. I will admit that there were some funny moments in the movie, mostly just one-liners.

I would recommend watching the series over this movie. But if you are a fan of the series, and don?t think you would mind watching the same old thing all over again then give this movie a viewing. While the film did show off some nice voice acting and a few good lines, [i]Queer Duck: The Movie[/i] is a lazy attempt at expanding on the eccentric animated series. [/font]
November 18, 2014
July 29, 2012
This works far better as a short than as a feature-length film. The animation is a little sloppy, although that's probably a reflection of its origin as a web cartoon. After a while the humour may be get somewhat cliche and one-dimensional, but it's full of catty one-liners. Amazingly, the cast members include Mark Hamill, Billy West (whose golden chords have given life to many animations like Futurama) and David Duchovny in a cameo role.
June 4, 2012
no info = no interest
½ April 10, 2012
this film version of the classic QTV cartoon sends up spoof and zany satire on todays gay culture. a must see for fans of gay cinema and controversial animated shows
½ June 12, 2011
I think I would have enjoyed it more if I'd have been on magic mushrooms. Although gotta love a movie that starts with a character called Genital Warthog & has Queer Duck being turned gay again by a touch of Barbra Streisand's nose. It was OK, but could have been so much better. They should have got KY Jellyfish from the shorts involved!
½ June 12, 2011
½ January 28, 2011
Ironiaa, sanomaa ja hulvatonta huumoria. Paljon vakavia teemoja pienessä camp-piirretyssä.
January 10, 2011
December 24, 2010
Granted, I may have been buzzed, but this was very funny lol
April 13, 2010
It had it's moments.
½ February 8, 2010
A hillarious Animated Comedy about a Queer Duck who get morphed into a Straight Duck and his crazy Friends