—— The Identical Sep 05

—— Unforgettable: Season 2

Queer Duck - The Movie Reviews

Fernando Rafael Q

October 6, 2007
Funny, but too gay for my taste... i don't even know why i rented it in the first place.. few big laughs...
riverotter
February 22, 2009
Arriving about a decade and a half too late, Mike Reiss' "Queer Duck" movie banks most of its humor on the not-particularly-startling novelty of having most of its animal characters being gay. Broadway showtunes, crossdressing, homosexual panic, and nudge-nudge-wink-wink innuendo might have been more of a novelty in, say, the 1980s, but in this day and age simply hauling the old cliches out of the closet and parading them around like you've never seen them before makes for some pretty lazy humor. The overall storyline, which has self-absorbed hero Queer Duck being turned heterosexual via some questionable brainwashing techniques, has some bright moments but largely feels like a squandered opportunity for what could have been a genuinely biting satire. While it may not be particularly hilarious, "Queer Duck" does feature some pleasantly affable characters, and it centers on a sweet-natured message about tolerance that's pretty hard to take issue with.
March 30, 2008
I can say without a doubt this is a highly funny movie.The duck is gay but he goes to a dotor to try to go straight but he misses his boyfriend to much.Very funny,but its love that wins in the end.
David H.
February 8, 2010
A hillarious Animated Comedy about a Queer Duck who get morphed into a Straight Duck and his crazy Friends
jazza923
January 14, 2008
Hysterically blunt and delightfully crude, also very clever and well written. It does get to be a bit much after an hour or so, but still good fun.
thirdman
July 25, 2006
[font=Courier New][i]Queer Duck[/i] was an animated show that I liked, and don?t mind seeing every once in awhile. The humor of the show was nice, and the voice talent was even better. That is why I find it depressing that the movie based on the series couldn?t raise the bar on its content, nor could it recreate any of the charm the series had.

Queer Duck (Jim J. Bullock) has left his boyfriend Openly Gator (Kevin Michael Richardson), and has ended up engaged to an aging female star named Lola Buzzard (Jackie Hoffman). So all of Queer Duck?s friends band together in hopes of saving their once gay friend.

The reason I got into the show was my respect for Billy West. If you don?t know who this man is, I?m sure you?ve at least heard his voice somewhere. He was both Ren and Stimpy, Doug and Roger Klotz from [i]Doug[/i], Fry, Prof. Farnsworth and Dr. Zoidberg on [i]Futurama,[/i] The Honey Nut Cheerios bee and the Red M&M to name a few. Plus the movie has the talents of Maurice LaMarche, Tress MacNeille, Mark Hamill, Conan O?Brien and Tim Curry.

But the film only ends up being a retread through similar jokes presented in the series. Most of the jokes worked in the animated shorts, but as a feature length film there needed to be something more. I will admit that there were some funny moments in the movie, mostly just one-liners.

I would recommend watching the series over this movie. But if you are a fan of the series, and don?t think you would mind watching the same old thing all over again then give this movie a viewing. While the film did show off some nice voice acting and a few good lines, [i]Queer Duck: The Movie[/i] is a lazy attempt at expanding on the eccentric animated series. [/font]