97% Ghostbusters Aug 29

Quest For Camelot Reviews

Marc L.
Marc L.

May 20, 2011
This was the company that would make the Iron Giant in a few years? Wow. The characters were uninteresting, the villain was over the top and had no personality and the heroine...Well she isn't very heroic. It's just not very good.

Let's start out with some of the good. There was one character who I found interesting. Garrett. Garrett is a blind hermit with martial arts skills who is slowly rebuilding his place in society. I can honestly say he's a pretty cool character. He deserved a better movie than this.

Also, there were a few action scenes that were nice. I liked the half man/weaponry raid on Camelot. It had kind of a "Troy" feel to it.

Alas, there was far more bad than good. First of all, Kayley was a very unlikeably character. Her story wasn;t interesting, she doesn't really do anything heroic (Garrett pretty much does everything for her)and she was at times annoying. I'm all into the tom boy heroine thing, but it was too stereotypical here.

The villain was even worse. He was almost as overacted as the cast of Sharkboy and Lavagirl, and he didn;t really have a personality. He doesn't form diabolocal plans for dictatorship like Scar and he doesn't poison the minds of others like Frollo. And as for his song. Ummmmm...No!

There wasn;t much of a plot really. Basically, Kayley has too keep the sword away from the villain but return it to Camelot...Even thiough the villain is in Camelot. Nothing like lo0ng term planning, eh?

If you still REALLY want to see this movie, I suggest you just watch the Nostalgia Critic review.
3niR
3niR

May 26, 2010
This was a nice movie. Good to watch with your family. Funny and entertaining. Though I felt tiny tint of boring feeling while watching it. But that was bearable and also ignorable. Some dialogues were really funny. And the animation was okay. Not as bad as "The Black Cauldron".
michael e.
michael e.

July 21, 2010
one of my favorite animated features the actors were great the only thing i dont like is ruber hes kind of annoying but other than that a classic
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

March 16, 2007
pretty fun family film that i watched with my son. there are some things here that are even dopey for a kids movie but i was entertained.
Frisby2007
Frisby2007

February 14, 2012
I actually remember wanting to walk out of this movie when I was young, & that was about when I was about 7 years old.
Naughtia
Naughtia

May 14, 2010
I'd never heard of this movie before I saw the dvd on a store shelf. I got interested and bought it right away. As it turned out I became quite fond of the movie. It has a lot of charm and adventure, everything I used to look for in a movie when I was a kid. I can't believe why I haven't heard of this movie before.
Marion R

October 10, 2010
Interesting ideas for characters, but the film was poorly executed. I really wanted to like this film, but it's completely unremarkable. The animation is okay, the dragons are annoying and not any source of humor, the dialogue is weak and the overall story is boring.
Henrik S

February 27, 2008
Nothing here to be worth watching. Awful animation, no story, no characters, songs of Aryan propagandha, yay. What a waste of celluloid. My eyes hurt.
eluberzachokafka
May 21, 2007
This is an interesting film and yes I know the story and characters are flawed and that it is at times corny, but at the most it can be entertaining and enjoyable. This film is about a girl named Kayley where she wants to s knight of the roundtable like her father Gareth. Sadly when Gareth is killed by the villain in the story Ruber, she grows up feeling sad about her father's death and wants to become a knight like her father instead of being a farmhand. On that day though Ruber sends a Griffin to take Excalibur from King Arthur while he goes to Kayley's mother's Lady Juliana home and uses the most unexplained Acme magic to turn his obvious barbarian minions into demons,(really wished they would've explained that more except that he got it from some witches). Kayley escapes from Ruber, and both her and Ruber learn that the Griffin lost Excalibur in the enchanted forest, Ruber and Kayley both rush after to collect it. Kayley trying to stay ahead of Ruber, runs into a blind Hermit named Garrett. Garrett at first wants nothing to do with Kayley and her mission, but he's thrust into by her when Ruber's demon minions fail to stop him, seeing that he's a pretty good warrior. While they continue to look for Excalibur both Kayley and Garrett run into a double headed dragon of no explanation by the name of Devon and Cornwall. Together the four of them will try to stop Ruber and his plan for seizing Excalibur and taking the throne, can they succseed? This is a film as you can tell has a corny premise and the characters aren't even well defined enough. Although like I said you look past that this film can be entertaining. I give this a 7 out of 10.
August 18, 2011
It's...okay. Most things in this movie are just okay. The acting is just okay, and the story is just okay. The animation is mostly just okay, though it actually can get bad at times (especially the backgrounds in King Arthur's castle, which are horrific CGI settings that are very, very boring). The few REALLY good things are the songs. I love the song sequences (except the villain's, which is really boring). Bottom line: most of it is just okay, but the songs are great, so I'll give it a passing grade.
May 19, 2010
Mediocre animated adventure. I watched it as a fan of Cary Elwes and found myself frequently checking watch and wanting it to be over.
roxyshar
March 24, 2009
funny, entertainging, and easy to watch over and over again. the songs are relatable. anime lovers will enjoy it :D
paladin98133
May 9, 2008
Don Rickles and Eric Idle as a two headed dragon? It actually kind of works and is really the main reason to see this.
Samamandastorm
March 30, 2008
Very cute, the songs are wonderful. Among the awesome animated features of Sinbad and Road to Eldarado.
samanthadene
November 15, 2007
Aww, such a sweet movie. Love the heroine's spirit and sense of adventure, and love the hot silent blind hero. Maybe I'm weird but, he's hot for just being a cartoon! *hehehe
hamletmusketeersbond
January 7, 2008
cute retelling of the Arthurian legend. All-star voice cast, including Cary Elwes (aka Westley in "The Princess Bride") and Sir John Gielgud.
December 30, 2007
I used to lurve this! With the two-headed dragon, and the hot blind guy, and was there some singing?
raerae931
November 15, 2007
this movie is hilarious, i mean really, the guy humms to his own evil song. how great is that! and it's all serious, too. it's not even supposed to be funny.
strawberryfields925
October 17, 2007
Cute, kinda corny kids movie, pretty good music, okay voice talents. Only reason i car about it is cause i was obsessed with it when i was little.
cntrygurl2010
July 24, 2007
This movie is the cutest animated movie ever i could watch over and over. And not to metion Garet the guy in the movie is so hot even though he's blind, his voice is spectacular!!!