Quick - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Quick Reviews

June 18, 2015
it was very funny to me because i could understand the Korean jokes. if we don't know the culture well, it is hard to understand completely.
March 8, 2014
Entertaining action comedy.
January 27, 2013
Even the great action premises and twisted plot couldn't save this preposterous action thriller from being a mess.
½ August 13, 2013
Legendary motorcyclist Ki-su breaks up with a girl and causes a huge street accident. Years later, he becomes a motorcycle courier. As soon as he delivers, a building explodes. The second delivery is his ex-girlfriend A-rom, the newest member of a k-pop girl group. She puts on his helmet to spite him, and activates a booby trap. The helmet is wired to explode, and a mysterious voice from a planted cell phone tells Ki-su that he must deliver bombs to certain places in a time limit or the helmet will explode.

You'd think a concept like this would be great, but the movie trades high stakes chases and thrills for cheesy humour and lots of goofy side characters. The change in tone doesn't deliver tension or suspense, even though it has a few good moments here and there.

Overall, Quick is an over-the-top and vapid thriller that delivers very little thrills. (only good parts were the K-pop band scenes, the dream sequence, and the subway fight)
½ July 19, 2013
Korean version of Fast and Furious/Torque- Excellent stunts coupled with a feeble and ridiculous story.
March 2, 2013
It's a pretty bad movie overall, but it reaches a point where it's quite amusing.
February 25, 2013
This is practically the Michael Bay of Korean action movies. Explosive, kinetic, slow-motion explosions, along with the usual Asian melodrama have a bit of a snag meshing together, but the elements work well here. The comedy bits can be seen coming by a mile away. Very enjoyable either way.
½ May 4, 2012
A sort of insane Korean Speed on on motorcycle, with a dumb plot but funny crazy action stuff. Strictly reserved for Shounen comedy anime fans.
½ April 22, 2012
All the silly car crashing of the '80s (more Dukes of Hazard than Speed) spoiled even of the faintest spark of brain you may find, screaming loud, too much loud. Run over it.
½ April 17, 2012
Not as entertaining as I previously hoped for, but the comedy did have its strong jokes and perfect moments that I couldn't even begin to describe. The characters and the story were boring and unmoving, and most of the time I couldn't tell if the main character was really serious about delivering bombs and stopping the mystery kidnapper.

This could have had awesome potential without the idiotic rebel police biker story line. Jesus where do I begin with that?
April 15, 2012
Ignoring the overkill action sequences, Quick was a blast to watch.
½ March 28, 2012
It's an 85 minute car chase...Something resembling my worst nightmare.
February 6, 2012
Silly, but a lot of fun. Imagine Speed remade by Michael Bayexplosion!!!.
August 10, 2011
Very fun, action-packed, and pretty silly too. I loved it and can't wait to check out more of Jo Beom-goo's work!