Quiet Cool

No Score Yet

Quiet Cool Reviews

Anthony V
July 23, 2008
Under rated 80's action film.
Christopher B
January 26, 2008
James Remar! This movie's title fits it perfectly. I remember seeing Remar do outstanding work in Walter Hill's films, Drugstore Cowboy and Tales From the Darkside: The Movie, and being saddened that he seemed to disappear from films for a while. Thank God though for Cable TV, I've been watching him in Dexter and boy the man can act. Why is it that HBO and Showtime are making more interesting, deep and artistic TV shows than Hollywood can make movies? Well, if you want to see James Remar, Powers Boothe or any other cool character actors of the past, it seems cable TV now has the best actors as well.... oh yeah, the movie! It's a heck a lot of fun and blah, blah, blah. If you dig tough guy action films, you'll probably dig this one. Yaaay James Remar.
vantandil vantandil ½ May 10, 2009
I need to catch the end of this. The music was good and it was overall very 80s. But it had some ok action scenes, even if the acting got too far over the top.
I couldn't recommend it (unless maybe you are nostaligic for the mid-Eighties,) but I woudl watch it again.
Christopher J ½ February 15, 2008
How in the hell did this get 4 stars on Flxister? This film is PAINFUL. Sure, sure, sure, it's so bad it's good at times. And you laugh a lot at it. With some great buddies, you can really make fun of this until the cows come home. But you know what? It's still a horrible movie. And it still hurts. :(
Dave J Dave J ½ April 22, 2014
Tuesday, April 22, 2014

(1986) Quiet Cool
ACTION DRAMA

Quite tame direct to rental movie flashed with some stunts centering on a tough cop Joe (James Remar) from NYC asked by an old flame to do a quick check up on her brother who lives in another part of town with a much smaller population. Upon going over there, he's then pursued by a small group of guys trying to protect their secret grow up operation hidden deep into the forest. This town doesn't appear to have any kind of law authority either except for the town's lone security man who seems to be allies with the bad guys too.

While I always liked to see action sequences that doesn't require any special effects, I can't get over the fact that this is another one of those convoluted movies where after some of the bad guys are killed by hand made weapons or by a hand gun, the good guys don't pick up the bad guys much more powerful AR guns. Whenever I see that in movies, kills the credibility for the rest of the film.

1 star out of 4
kingjames10 kingjames10 April 19, 2012
Some of the worst acting and worst stunts ever to grace the big screen
kingofthecorn kingofthecorn November 20, 2009
(* 1/2): Thumbs Down

A really bad film but it does have some unintentionally hilarious moments.