62% The Maze Runner Sep 19

Race for Your Life, Charlie Brown Reviews

rayman0071
rayman0071

May 24, 2008
Released in the summer of 1977,the third installment or sequel featuring Charles Schultz' Peanuts characters in another theatrical feature. This time around Charlie Brown and the gang(along with Peppermint Patty)are at summer camp in which they enter a river race where they go up against a vicious group of kids who cheat there way to the topand will stop at nothing to win the championship trophy at all costs. Leave it up to Charlie Brown's resourceful Beagle Snoopy and his companion Woodstock to save the day and win the prize. Valuable lessons are install here with a full blend of comedy and adventure to boot.
Lafe F

September 1, 2007
Decent summer camp movie with the animated Peanuts characters. They don't get too preachy, and make for a fun flick. I liked the theme song "Race for Your Life, Charlie Brown". I wish I had seen this on the big screen in 1977, but I was too busy watching some other movie...
Bradley W

December 2, 2012
This was just the Peanuts at their best.
timoncjm
September 1, 2013
It was a very enjoyable, very fun and adventurous Peanuts movie. It had great animation, characters, very good voice cast, music, backgrounds, adventure, comedy and a great storyline. It's one of the best Peanuts movies I've ever watched. I first rented the VHS version of this movie at Blockbuster. I wish Paramount should be release the DVD version of this movie with widescreen. I would recommend this movie to Peanuts fans of all ages.
January 8, 2010
I probably haven't seen this movie since the 70's, and for some reason I categorized this as one of the "lesser" Peanuts movies. Nice to discover tonight that this is not such a bad little movie after all. It moves along quickly, has a couple of great gags and is backed by a decent theme song. It's quite decent after all.
Charles Schulz gets sole writing credit, and I have to wonder how free he allowed himself to stray from the core Peanuts universe of the strip. One peculiar gag has Snoopy taking his chopper on the open road with Charlie Brown and Woodstock, a la "Easy Rider." And of course you don't want to think too hard about a group of elementary school kids left to fend for themselves in the snow-covered wild for days. I'm not sure that would have been accepted in the daily comic strip.
What's really strange is this movie obviously inspired the college comedy "Up the Creek" seven years later, which has the same plot and very similar perils.
I understand the Peanuts movies got heavy airplay on 80's HBO, so future film writers were evidently watching.
StaisilD
July 7, 2008
The gang are all sent to summer camp, where they are rudely greeted by a group of competitive bullies and their maladjusted cat. One of the main activities of their stay comes in the form of a river-rafting race, pitting our happy-go-lucky crew against the ruthless and conniving gang of brats that will do anything to secure a victory.
January 30, 2008
The Peanuts gang at going to summer camp and are in a river race and they are going up against a group of kins sho try to cheat their way to win. A classic Peanuts movie.
edsmith22
July 26, 2007
Did camping too as a kid but never quite like this. Charlie Brown just reminds me of childhood and that was a good time for me.
MovieGuruDude72
June 20, 2007
All that drama just so that little turd Woodstock could win???? Give me a break. I want my childhood back.
gxc44
April 15, 2007
such fond memories of this particular movie. (i've always thought it was the perfect movie to watch the night before a useless academic exercise, like debate or mock trials.) best scene: charlie brown gives the girls cold cereal for breakfast.
tombowling49
February 19, 2007
A great charlie brown story as all of them were, if you love charlie brown, you will love this one. poor guy always getting kicked around! :) :)
Boondockjustice
November 20, 2006
This is a good Charlie Brown flick, it could have been better, but there are just too many funny parts in this to keep it off the list.
June 10, 2006
I love the old Charlie Brown movies. I used to watch all of them with my brother who is just as addicted to them as I am!!!
March 26, 2006
I watched this movie a lot growing up at my grandparents house. A classic to me. Pretty good but Charlie Brown movies are kind of slow but I like this one the best
November 25, 2011
The animation is brighter and softer in this another feature length film of the Peanuts gang with the same charms, like its two predecessors and the TV specials, and it shows really good teamwork among the gang. But this can't beat the other films when there are some flaws to the characterization or maybe the script, especially the annoying bullies you can't stand to listen to. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
Anthony A.
November 28, 2011
This movie was so funny! I really liked it! I loved every single part of the movie! Brings back so many childhood memories! :)
July 21, 2013
I only like the theme.
February 1, 2012
Highly underrated Charlie Brown movie, I remember watching this with my Siblings and just feeling like I was dreaming.
August 21, 2012
my second favorite of the peanuts movies. mr. schulz was one brillant and amazing human being.
July 19, 2012
The most epic of Charlie Brown films; exciting, funny and touching, with a delightful musical score and theme!!