69% Hercules Jul 25

Racing Stripes Reviews

DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

August 28, 2011
A terribly made film and a embarassment to all movies everywhere.
deano
deano

April 1, 2007
The combination of bright action, talking animals, exciting races and a comically pelican named Goose should make me laugh heaps better than grubby, bumbling flies Buzz and Scuzz. So cute, funny, heartwarming and a subtly surreal fantasy.
Racing Stripes is a pleasure to watch simply for its animal stunts. I suppose one can never get too old or intellectual to enjoy a dancing monkey, so to speak. There are a few instances of animal "stunts" being too dangerous for the animals - such as Stripes' wipeout, so these are animated with CGI, too, and they're integrated very well.
The animal computer effects are as good as they were in Babe; the quality photography shows off lots of animals, and the voice cast is studded with such stars as Frankie Muniz, Snoop Dogg, Dustin Hoffman, Whoopi Goldberg, Joe Pantoliano and Mandy Moore.
Bobby H

January 29, 2009
The movie is average.

It actually has some pretty funny parts at times and though it's for the kids and silly, adults may enjoy some of the hidden humor that the little ones may not pick up on. It's an inspirational story for children that offer's that little bit of faith needed for those who find themselves picked on or a bit different from the rest.... uniqueness is a good thing....

However, the same thing that makes it good is also it's flaw. We have seen this story told a hundred times. The under dog finds faith in friends and in himself and makes that last push to win the big...whatever... doesn't really matter if it's a Zebra or the million of other movies that features the same topic... it's all the same.

Overall: It's a good movie for children and it's a fun flick to watch as there is some creativty and comical parts too it but it's super predictable and not very original as far as the plot itself is concerned.
thmtsang
thmtsang

September 2, 2007
Heart warming story about a zebra who is convinced he is a race horse. Very Babe like. Good cast.
Nani V

December 2, 2007
Cute film.
FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

October 28, 2007
loved it hilarious funy and i love the flies there hilarious worth watching
Jose Z

July 16, 2007
A nice movie, perfect to spend a good time with the family. In my point of view the story is interesting and original, very touching and with very good messages of friendship and equality. The plot could be a little predictable but that doesn't mean it isn't entertaining, in fact it is very entertaining and funny. Very good cast, Hayden Panetiere delivers a solid performance, Frakie Muniz makes a decent job as Stripes voice, Dustin Hoffman and Whoppi Goldberg as very good as the Tucker and Franny and Joe Pantoliano and David Spade are hilarious as Goose and Scuzz. Finally the soundtrack is great with excellent singers like Sting, Bryan Addams and Aerosmith
ajaymuthecooldevils
ajaymuthecooldevils

April 22, 2007
It's an OK family movie... the story just ordinary.... There's nothing special on it... The ending is predictable... But the most of it, this movie still can entertain... Especially for the kids, I think....
Leigh R

November 7, 2006
So cute...
Bradley W

December 2, 2011
A terribly made film and a embarassment to all movies everywhere.
Dillon L

November 8, 2010
Only children will like this thoughtless film.
Dannielle A

November 7, 2007
Cute. Unlikely though, since Zebras run 40 miles per hour and Quarter horses run 40 to 45 miles per hour. Could zebras really be trained to race?
Juan C

May 28, 2011
frankie munez is 3rd place and steals the show as well as the films humor and wit. B-
Yinalí R

July 3, 2007
Good movie.
Lee K

March 10, 2008
so-so movie i thought wouldve been a lot better if you have seen the trailer for this you have seen the best parts
youngboy832002
November 6, 2011
This is a fun filled good movie for kids and family a like. I really think it was a great movie good feel good movie and good lessons never to give up and to follow what your dreams are. A Must See....
iamthethinman
July 15, 2011
It's an odd sort of kid's movie that has a slightly slanted grown-up story and slapstick that is mainly gross-out humor. In fact, there were so many poop or fart jokes that I wasn't sure why they would direct this at kids? Maybe if they just left the flies out of it, it would have been better.

Nah.

This really just seems like it wasn't reaching for the high bar. It is a basic and predictable story that doesn't really make me laugh or feel for anything in the story. The reason it is above 1.5 stars is because my son actually sat through the whole thing without complaints. When I asked if he liked it, he said, "pretty good."
MovieGuruDude72
March 16, 2007
I had no choice but to watch this on a flight once. I bought several of those little alcohol bottles and even had a Xanex and STILL I was annoyed to living hell by this movie. First off, Frankie lost his charm when he grew up and started going nuts in real life. Second, Hayden is just too cute to be in this mess and third, what the hell is Dustin Hoffman doing in this film? Is he that hard up for a paycheck? A total waste of time and a terrible movie with dialogue so bad it made me want to OD if I had more drugs.
cocacolafannky
March 25, 2008
I thought this was a wonderfully funny movie:) and Joshua Jackson was in it too:) I just wanted to say that:)
funscrab1
March 21, 2008
hysterical! we all loved it in the theater and there was something for everyone with humor, story line, etc. Great story suitable for many age groups. :)