Movies Like Rang De Basanti (Paint it Yellow)

97% Ghostbusters Aug 29

43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

Rang De Basanti (Paint it Yellow) Reviews

Carlos M

August 10, 2014
While at first it seems like a tiresome succession of nice-looking music videos, not even caring to explain how the character can make that kind of film without money, it soon gets worse with a reprehensible message, openly advocating the use of violence to change the country.
December 4, 2011
Conflicting thoughts! As usual with Bollywood films, the pacing is a bit off, character development usually drags past what it needs to be to get the point across. However, the acting was top notch, artistic direction was excellent and the story (or stories) was thought provoking though it starts to fall weak near the end.
December 12, 2009
Kinda bolywood version of v for vendetta. A politic movie aims developing public awareness. First one and an half hours of it is unnecessarily long. And oh boy, Indians are dancing, even in political films. I'll watch an Indian documentary as soon as possible. Look the lion is eating baby zebra...chik chik chikki chik chiki chik... *tune begins**dancers appear*
May 11, 2008
This movie takes a turn for the weird towards the end with a plot twist that made me stop and go "wait...what?!"

On another note, I was annoyed that the version I watched did not subtitle the flashbacks.
September 24, 2007
When a young British filmmaker comes to India looking to make a docu-drama about a group of nearly forgotten Indian rebels from the early 20th century, she quickly befriends a group of Indian college students. She soon realizes that they are perfect for the parts in her recreation scenes. Little does she realize how her little film will come to motivate the same group when the actions of corrupt government officials alter their lives forever. The film melds "flashbacks" to the historical figures and events with the modern characters and story and does it quite well. The songs are intriguing as they are done in a more tradition Western style as music montages more than actual musical numbers. The story is deeply engaging, as are the characters. The ending is powerful and I can't imagine anyone seeing it and being unmoved by it. Definitely a film that deserves more recognition.
xxdesigovind88xx
April 24, 2007
great movie with lots of patriotism!!! 5 youth in college made a change when a friends life was taken by the governments hands. they fight for whats right, and this is a must-see movie to get people to rise for their country and speak the truth! dont let the government control you, fight for whats right, because the government isnt always. great songs, like paathshala and rang de basanti (w a bhangra touch)...lots of life, great performance, and a lot of meaning behind it! definitely mus see!
Connor G.
July 1, 2014
A fascinating look at how a few attempt to embody the ideals of the past. I think their portrayal of a triumphant rebellion wasn't perfect, since it seemed they were simply acts of terrorism.
May 4, 2014
I like a lot of Bollywood films, especially those with Aamir Khan, but I was largely unaffected by this film. It had some good musical numbers and a strong message overall, but it was too long and didn't really hold my interest until the very end.
December 21, 2013
Very patriotic.Must watch..
June 2, 2013
Love this movie. It shows the power of youth.
April 16, 2013
Kung napahanga kayo ni Rancho ng pelikulang 3 Idiots, isa pa tong bollywood na dapat nyong itake consider. Sabi nga ng isang tropa; "Wag kayong mamamatay ng hindi nyo ito napapanood."

"No country is perfect. You've got to make it perfect." - Karan
March 16, 2013
Once in a while you come up with these films to watch... that makes you laugh, cry and believe at the same time... A rarest gem of Indian cinema.
March 1, 2013
people like it & RDB created history & people admire to Mr. Mehra
February 22, 2013
Very few bolly movies are as good as this!
February 17, 2013
A fresh advent in Indian Cinema and the first of may steps in redefining it.
January 28, 2013
Very well made, with a theme that plagues India even today. Rahman once agains mesmerizes with the music!
Cornelius
January 11, 2013
What a surprising movie. It was ok through most of it...about a 3 star, but then it slaps you in the face and becomes a 4 star. What a clever emotional ride. I really appreciated the cleverness of this familiar storyline. You will want to see this one.

Added note: most impressed with Atul Kulkarni and Siddarth's performance...and Soha was once again beautiful.
December 20, 2012
An ambitious blend of genres and characters, Paint it Yellow is a an epic little film that tells a terrific story despite its inconsistencies.
November 11, 2012
One of the best movies made in India , with high production values and awesome music
October 19, 2012
I watched this movie with my daughter and we enjoyed.