Rare Birds Reviews

July 5, 2012
Cute little film set in a sleepy Newfoundland town that is set upon by outsiders all in searchof an elusive bird. Touching with good character interaction.
March 19, 2010
Shot in beautiful Newfoundland by Icelandic director Sturla Gunnarsson. Based on the novel by Canadian Edward Riche, who also wrote the screenplay. Stars Molly Parker, a wonderful Canadian actress.
November 14, 2009
Unusual premise, great cast. It doesn?t always work, but I did enjoy it. It tends to be a little too artsy but there are rewarding moments. There is a lot going on, too many different story lines.
June 5, 2013
Cute and charming film with quirky characters and small-town magic. As usual, the introduction of drugs to the story is unnecessary and hurts the movie.
½ February 28, 2013
Cute, funny and warmly wacky little Canadian flick. Andy Jones is outstanding as he remarks over and over,"Plan B, Dave!" He's hilarious! And the coastal scenery is to die for!
September 27, 2011
I was very happily surprised. I adored it. Charming.
January 26, 2010
I love this movie, and I don't say this very often. It was funny charming and in some cases very silly and funny. I laughed out loud many times and it hits home with the local persona. If you have never been there you haven't been everywhere.
November 14, 2009
January 17, 2005
[color=black][font=Tahoma][font=Arial]Looking for a quirky, offbeat flick, check out Rare Birds. It is full of interesting characters, and a few unexpected subplots (maybe too many, but it worked for me). I enjoyed William Hurt?s subtle comedic delivery, especially as it plays off actor, Andy Jones? more gregarious character, Phones Murphy (?Always have a plan B Dave?). Phones is like the friend that can take any bad situation and turn it around into something positive or at least into a less serious problem. ;)[/font][/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Tahoma][font=Arial][size=2]The pace of this film is unhurried, but I appreciated the slow unfolding of the story, although it ends a bit abruptly, as it tries to bring all the subplots to together. [/size][/font][/font][/color]