Red's Dream

September 30, 2009
Sweat film but not my favourite of the Pixar Shorts
Steven V

July 9, 2009
This movie, at the time of writing, currently ranks as one of Pixar's lesser known efforts. The reality in which our protagonist lives - as reflected in the colourlessness of the bicycle store - is cruel and harsh, and subjects him to constant negligence from those around him . The 3D animation quality is nice enough - that clown does look pretty grotesque and chunky I'll admit, being Pixar's first real attempt at an organic character, and a telling sign of their current lack of expertise in this particular field. Above all, Pixar are capable of making me actually care about such everyday inanimate objects as desk lamps, tin toys, miniature snowmen and unicycles - and that has got to be worth something.
kenscheck
January 2, 2012
Red's Dream is a decent enough short film from the early days of Pixar, it certainly isn't their best short in terms of story, but you can see throughout each of their shorts leading up to Toy Story how their animation improves, and the technology slowly gets better. This short isn't bad, but it doesn't reach the same heights as things like "Tin Toy" or "Luxo, Jr."
August 24, 2012
Very touching story with great visuals. Not my favorite Pixar short but it's still great.
April 23, 2012
This was so depressing, it made me feel so bad. The only problem was the dream sequence was a little to long. 3.5/5
June 24, 2011
A very funny short film by Pixar that teaches that not all dreams can come true.
PetrosTser
June 2, 2011
Typical, sad Pixar film.
Reclaimer
October 18, 2010
It's a quite sad story about the Dream of Red. He dreams to be in a show but when he wakes up he is still in the Store and very lonely. The Animations are good and it's quite entertaining.