Relax... It's Just Sex - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Relax... It's Just Sex Reviews

July 20, 2012
Shocking at the time, this film now dates poorly. It unsuccessfully runs across the border of humour and a discussion of truly disheartening subjects.
iLeo
January 16, 2008
Great movie!
February 14, 2010
This lifestyle comedy deserves credit for trying to blend together gays, lesbians, and heteros (rare sight in the 1990s), but the writing, direction, and execution are middling.
August 12, 2012
Yes, I'm a fan of low-budget flicks. But I hate these gay dramadies that try and portray some sort of important message and be hilarious at the same time. Bleh.
½ June 2, 2007
Sometimes a film succeeds despite - or even because of its low budget. Jennifer Tilly and Cynda Williams give stand-out performances.
October 24, 2006
Jennifer Tilly is great as the sort of Fag Hag Mom of several gay men who go through a range of emotions. From one finding he is HIV positive, to one who attacks a gay basher....each will go through their own hell, until everyone is full circle. Enjoyed this movie greatly.
February 14, 2010
January 16, 2013
I love me some Jennifer Tilly. Whatever happened to her? Anyway fun and forgettable.
August 12, 2012
July 31, 2012
Rather watch an anal wart.
July 20, 2012
½ April 11, 2012
Crazy movie but still loved it...
March 14, 2012
I love this film. Really heart-warming and heart-breaking at the same time. Funny but shocking. A must see.
½ February 8, 2012
Didnt like it. I luv Lori and Tilly doh
½ January 31, 2012
JENNIFER TILLY leads EXCELLENTLY making me want more and more of her on screen time!!!.. This movie leaves u wanting more like a really good dramatic comedy should :)
July 30, 2011
I saw this little gem years ago and now that I am a Netflix subscriber decided to enjoy it again..Good comedy that takes some serious and compelling emotional turns along the way. In a nutshell it is about the friendships that happen once in a lifetime, deep friendships and the love that is forged in them. Jennifer Tilly was outstanding in this role. Lori Petty and Cynda Williams have a scene that will touch your heart. The script calls for a shocking twist to a gay bashing episode that's likely to spark some interesting debate..This is a movie about life, love, redemption, acceptance, understanding, and most of all friendship! Highly recommended and added to my private collection!
½ July 18, 2011
Didnt like it. I luv Lori and Tilly doh
½ November 12, 2010
If it had only stayed in the fun zone, it would have been tolerable second-rate stuff. The high drama crossed the line of believability, not to mention taste. But there was a rare poignant film scene of ashes-in-your-face that was surprising and queerly the best moment. And still, I would love to have Jennifer Tilly over for dinner sometime.
½ April 29, 2010
NICEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
½ February 19, 2010
Strangely touching, in its own unique way. Little bit like the L word, but with gays, lesbians and straights in the group of friends. So, actually not much like the L Word at all. But, an enjoyable movie. Nothing much happens - c'mon, it's a move with a bunch of girls and gays in it, what did you expect? Worth a watch, if for no other reason than to see Serena Scott Thomas play a lesbian and Jennifer Tilly a straight girl in the same movie!