Roll Bounce Reviews

½ January 13, 2010
At times, "Roll Bounce" feels a bit silly, but at it's core, it'a about a family in harsh times, as they see everyone around them having a good time. As X (Bow Wow) and his friends have faced the final days of their skate rink, they must choose to go over to the rich side of town to skate, where they run into old aquiantences and new rivals! The emotional tone of this film is phenomenal, seeing as this film goes from extremely silly to extremely heartfelt in seconds. I love the 70's feel of this film, it is done perfectly, and the music choices are fun. The direction is done well enough and the acting is very commendable. "Roll Bounce" is a very nice film to watch!
½ October 31, 2011
I loved the detail in this movie, it really game it a 70's feel. All in all it's a fun film with some good smiles and laughs.
MANUGINO
½ February 4, 2010
Oh Meagen Good, I melt just seeing your lips, god! This movie was very good and it really made me feel young again.

1970s roller-skate jams fuel this coming-of-age comedy, as X and his friends, who rule their local rink, are shocked when their home base goes out of business. Heading over to the Sweetwater Roller Rink, they find their modest talents are, at first, no competition for their trick skaters and pretty girls who follow their every move.
½ January 4, 2009
Somewhat of a corny movie. I watched it on TV because I spent time at our local roller rink as well in the 60's and 70's. It has a formula story-line. Down-trodden kid (Bow Wow) skates off against the uptown team, solving his family and girl problems all in one 90 minute movie.
neumdaddy
½ December 31, 2005
I'm not normally one to post buzzes so very often. For most of you, it's been many months...even years since my last buzz. And yet I still offer no rational explanation for my behavior today in buzzing a good number of you (still in process - catching a plane, so I'll be back to finish the rest). If I didn't buzz you yet, you're totally lame and I don't like you.

Have a happy & safe New Year, folks!

[size=1]EDIT: Whew. That turned out to be, like, 30 buzzes. And about 90% of them were novellas. Can you discover which ones they were? ;)[/size]
½ July 27, 2012
Dull film that will entrance those who are easily entranced and bore everyone else. Sure Mr. Bow Wow does good but I doubt he can do better.
July 28, 2007
"Roll Bounce" Bounces into our Hearts, with "Smart a** Comments, and Heart Wrenching Warmth all in the same movie.
½ June 2, 2007
Bland coming-of-age drama only picks up during few skating scenes.
John2223
January 11, 2009
Clichéd but fun, fast-moving energy, good choreography and nice copilation of 70´s music.
iLeo
December 23, 2007
Hilarious!
June 11, 2007
The music will take you back. I won't say that the acting is great but, its a nice movie to watch for a relaxing time or as prep for going skating.
February 15, 2012
Pretty lousy acting, especially by the boys. First half of the flick is slow and lame, second half steps it up a bit though
November 27, 2011
I have zero respect for Bow Wow as a "musician" and about as much interest in all these You Got Served ripoff movies, so I stuck this in my DVD queue simply because I was running out of things to watch. Imagine my surprise when this turned out to actually be a really good movie! Bow Wow should definitely stick to acting, because I actually forgot it was him after the first few minutes of the movie and became so engrossed in the character that my annoyance with him didn't matter any more. There's nothing deep about this, but it is definitely a fun movie with a lot more to offer than I would have expected.
October 7, 2010
A light, unoffensive and sweet little movie about a roller skating composition and life in the middle of it between friends and Bow Wow's character. A funky '70's soundtrack to keep things jiggy lol, great choreography. This is a feel good movie, nothing more.
½ March 20, 2010
Roll Bounce was based in an era where funk and disco was exploding and roller-skating was the America's Best Dance Crew of today, minus all the challenges the latter were given. The dance sequences had a fresh vibe to it and Wesley Jonathan as "Sweetness", was leading the pack providing his own flashy-stylized way of skating. His presence on the rink was the cause for much swooning from the local neighborhood's female population, and with good measure to, he was the whole show in Chicago's finest roller disco hangout, Sweetwater Roller Rink. Roll Bounce had the right amount of drama to keep the film interesting, while incorporating added flair from it's characters, basing the central crew on the gang of Fat Albert it seems. They were an integral part to Roll Bounce with their own witty backgrounds, allowing a personalized look into who they are. Diamond shots were given to us in the form of Meagan Good, who always seems to shine in all the right places. The film was given an open call for each actor to have an equal opportunity to shine in a script that called for it's characters to step it up. Roll Bounce was a consistent film with a monumental Roller Jam final showdown, that will surely leave you riding the ascending and descending waves of funk basslines with a smile.
December 9, 2008
I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS MOVIE THE PERFORMER'S DID A GREAT JOB WHEN IT CAME DOWN TO PLAYING THEIR ROLES... I CAN SIT AND WATCH THIS MOVIE ALL DAY AND NEVER GET BORED OF IT OR TIRED OF IT
April 27, 2008
This was a fun movie. I like skating movies and 70s or 80s music, so I enjoyed it very much. I saw some light up wheels that I want in the future.
July 25, 2007
This film could have been so much better. The movie tried to be about something but just ended up being really corny and pointless. It was sort of fun to watch but still had nothing amazing or memorable to offer. If someone had just taken more time and worked on this movie some more it would've been so much better. Nick Cannon was too much for me. He is just so annoying to see in this movie. This movie could have been worthy of something if someone had changed some of the scenes and the lines.
½ July 27, 2007
I used to hang at the roller rink back in the late 70's when I was a teenager. The movie wasn't that great but the music and the roller skating scenes brought back some fond memories.
September 5, 2007
VH1 aired this on TV to celebrate Black History month. I've never been into roller skating so this didn't interest me.