Roustabout - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Roustabout Reviews

½ September 5, 2010
I can't recall the plot, but I remember that I kinda liked this movie, it's not great, but it's pretty good.
June 8, 2009
Seen all of his flicks.
May 16, 2015
Honestly better than average- decent acting all around (Barbara Stanwyck being around doesn't hurt), pretty solid song choices, motorcycle accidents, brawling, and Elvis in a leather jacket. What's not to like? (Well, the fairly thin plot and arms length character development for one but again, better than the average....)
½ May 17, 2007
This is a lame Elvis movie. The story is lame. The music is lame. Elvis rides a motorcycle but it looks like he never rode a bike before. It's sort of based on Elvis's rise to fame in the 1950's. In 1955 a lot of Elvis's early concerts were at State Fair's in the south. Col. Parker who became Elvis's manager started out running carnivals. Some of the sets do remind me of what the Oklahoma State Fair used to look like. You have to look close but Raquel Welch plays a mouthy college girl in the Tea House at the beginning of the movie. The DVD box says she's in the shower too but it doesn't look like her to me. Barbara Stanwyck is the co-star of this movie. She did this movie just before she did the Big Valley TV show. She basically plays the same character except in modern times. Leif Erickson is also in the movie. He was better in the TV show High Chaparral.
March 17, 2008
Elvis was everything in my growing up years. Seamed like he was growing with us at different stages of our lives.
½ October 17, 2006
I've watched this one multiple times, I love the King of Rock n Roll, so I will watch them pretty much no matter what.
December 28, 2014
Bland & formulaic film, if it had had any real hit-songs the Colonel would have thought it a perfect Elvis vehicle. Great to glimpse Barty, Garr, Welch, & Kiel - though I missed spotting McCord. Some of the better performances were by Buttram, Erickson, & Langdon. Stanwyck just seemed to be running her lines, not acting. Highly disappointing they never really gave us a good shot of the Jap bike.