61% The Maze Runner Sep 19

90% Outlander: Season 1
82% Satisfaction: Season 1
87% The Strain: Season 1
79% You're the Worst: Season 1

Samurai X - Trust & Betrayal (Rurôni Kenshin: Meiji kenkaku roman tan: Tsuioku hen) Reviews

EightThirty .

April 23, 2007
14/09/2009 (DVD)TRUST: "Trust" is the first part of this beautiful but brutal "Samurai X" double feature. Just catching the very few moments of the beginning of this film captured my interest and I just couldn't stop watching. A terrific intro to the "Samurai X" trilogy.BETRAYAL: "Betrayal" unfolds nicely into a somewhat romantic story which lightly softens things up but interestingly intensifying the dramatic tone for a very deep impact in the end. Beautifully twisted.A very enjoyable assassin flick that both sexes will enjoy. Romance for the ladies and swordplay for the boys.
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

January 29, 2007
for an animated film this storyline is fairly epic in scope. the film is sensitive yet ultra violent at the same time, and the characters are engaging despite being copies of many samurai from other films. i was enthralled with this film and cant wait to watch the sequel.
Drew S

December 1, 2008
One of my favorite anime ever.
pilot42484
July 5, 2010
Good movie. Explains, for those watching Rurouni Kenshin, how Kenshin became the man he is in the series. This is more realistic than the manga, won't go into how.
MovieGuruDude72
June 28, 2007
Some anime is very good. Others not so much. Mass produced crap. I saw this by accident at a friend's house. Thought it was awfully tedious. I fell asleep.
tokyoswjuliet
December 1, 2008
This Movie has made a 'Mark' in my heart. The fighting and the graphics were amazing, the way the story was told was beautiful. It's a action pack, heartbreaking Tale about a young samurai who learns the truth beyond his killings. If your a true Anime fan then this is for you.
noirkoneko
December 1, 2008
Before Kenshin Himura became the sweet, lovable, comedic guy with a reverse blade he was a cold blooded assassin. Definitely gotta love him more just for that.
Venieza
July 6, 2007
Grandest movie
Enjoy anime/manga to the fullest good or bad sad or funny they get plus stars in my book
boundlessbass
December 1, 2008
This is a continuation of Trust, and it reveals why Kenshin vows to never take another person's life
December 1, 2008
Ok, so this will sound insanely corny, but this movie made me bawl at the end. After watching this movie I don't think I ever been so depressed in my life. *sniffles* Sadly, I'd still watch it again in a heartbeat.
mossytree
December 1, 2008
SO artistic, SO beautiful, SO tragic, the music alone makes you want to slit your wrists...in a delicate and artistic manner of course
October 13, 2006
Starting from when the last episode ended, this episode is a lot more boring than the first as Kenshin tries to live a peaceful life with Tomoe as a farmer. The ending saves the episode, providing an epic showdown and creating the origin of Rurouni Kenshin. - The film also tries to be more historically accurate than the romantic-comedy/period drama television series is.
December 1, 2008
A terrible mistake leads to an accidental death of a loved one, and having this death upon him, Kenshin vows to never use his sword again. Gorgeous animation/music, and soooo much better than the TV series.
gargantrithor
December 1, 2008
The ending portion to one of my favorite tragedies besides Cyrano de Bergerac, this "movie" makes a pretty strong performance.
waynechriss
December 1, 2008
Definitely the bipolar opposite of the original series. But nevertheless, it was a turning point made to be done in my opinion.
ametsubu
December 1, 2008
ah... I love this show... and I lvoe d the movie... my brother didn't get it but I was giddy through the whole thing!
carlos7397
April 28, 2007
The fight scenes are intense and bloody, and the drama is simple, yet remarkable. The soundtrack can also be a little haunting, but all these elements do this OVA credit. A must see if you like anime.
bethany117
December 2, 2007
this movie is soooo good! it tells the ast of himura kenshin, a hitokiri battosai in active in the ishin shishi of the meiji revolution. i always cry when i see this movie!! you need to see this, especially if you like Rurouni Kenshin!
DomiNATORMochi
May 20, 2007
Kenshin's caught in a waging war. Who comes to save his humility? Tomoe enters his life and gives hope to living a peaceful life without bloodshed.