• Unrated, 2 hr. 4 min.
  • In Theaters:    May 28, 1993 Wide
  • On DVD:    Oct 25, 1996

Sankofa Reviews

Paul B ½ September 12, 2013
More admirable than it is artistically satisfying, most of the credit I give to Sankofa is due to the attempt to convey a compelling story about the events leading up to an eventual plantation uprising during the times of slavery, and to a certain extent it succeeds in doing so, as it's pretty difficult to watch at times in its uncompromising violence. Though the non existent budget they had to work with shows, and the film could have used a firm editing hand as there's not enough content to justify more than two hours in length, it's not an experience that's completely tarnished.
Academock Academock ½ September 18, 2005
Three excellent films in one post!

[i]Sankofa[/i] is, and will probably remain, the best film about American slavery. [i]Life of Brain[/i] is one of the funniest and smartest comedies I have ever seen. [i]Nobody Knows[/i] was a highly successful film about a mother who abandoned her children in an apartment building. It's based on a true story. If you've got two and a half hours, it's worth the time.

Again, I am sorry that this is short. There are millions of other people writing about films. Why are you reading this?