—— The Identical Sep 05

—— Unforgettable: Season 2

Saturn 3 Reviews

Lafe F

November 15, 2009
Fond memories of this movie. Actually, any science fiction around the late 70's to early 80's was seen as a continuation of the Star Wars exciting momentum. Re-watching with post-ROTJ blues, Saturn 3 seemed confined to a single base, with a junky robot and embarrassingly acted. The story is a shambled mess. The future technology presented now seems clunky. Harvey Keitel plays a cold snake character. Farrah and Kirk's relationship seems a bit awkward; she was so smooth and young and he was so old and wrinkled. I noticed the lack of incidental music. Most impressive was the set design of the remote space station.
AJ V

September 6, 2010
I saw this on TV a long time ago, and I'd forgotten what it was about, but reading the summary on here it sounds like everyone falls in love with Farrah Fawcett in outer space, and that just sounds silly, no wonder I didn't rate it so high.
DrLappos
DrLappos

April 4, 2009
This was another late seventies technophobic movie where everyone was firghtened of the future....Great evil robot and cool space based romp.
Christopher B

April 9, 2008
More fun than anything, it's well worth a watch for Keitel's performance... and the robot's.
May 17, 2007
The plot of this movie is just a story about an evil robot. Farrah Fawcett and Kirk Douglas are living alone on a future space station near Saturn. Supposedly they are growing food to send back to earth. Harvey Keitel brings them a robot to help make them more efficient. Harvey Keitel imprints his memories into the robot. When the robot realizes that Harvey Keitel is mentally unstable and has killed the real designer of the robot, it turns on Keitel and kills him. He then tries to kill Farrah and Kirk Douglas. The real reason for the movie is to give Farrah a chance to show some skin and to run around in revealing outfits. The story is so predictable it's kind of boring. Kirk Douglas was in his 60's when he made this movie and Farrah was in her 20's. It's kind of creepy seeing an old man with a woman 40 years younger. It's also kind of sad to think Kirk Douglas is still alive and Farrah died way too young.
February 18, 2012
In the future, the world is over-crowded and in need of food. A pair of scientists (who are also lovers) work by themselves on a moon of Saturn researching food production. An off-balance astronaut travels to their base to get their research back on track (it doesnt appear that the two do any work ever). The astronaut (Harvey Keitel) brings with him a robot he can (barely) control with his thoughts. Harvey disrupts the scientists' idyllic lifestyle as he lusts for the female of the pair played by Farrah Fawcett (the robot wants her ass too). Not only does the new resident eat dogs, he has great pick-up lines such as "You have a great body. May I use it?" Even with the Terminator-like chase, this was really boring as all hell (and seeing Kirk Douglas' rear-end sure didnt help things!). Other similarities can be found with Alien and 2001 (plus the intro was a total Star Wars rip-off/tribute).
jscottcorley
July 1, 2009
Wouldn't it have been cool if this movie was called "Saturn 3-D"? Then it would seem like this gigantic turd was coming right at your face!!
bradwest
December 13, 2008
Horny robot goes after Farrah Fawcett. Weird just for the cast attracted. See Hardware for a better version of this.
April 12, 2014
The best thing I can say about this movie, is that it's got amazing sets.
April 12, 2014
The best part of this film? Proof that Harvey Keitel has been young. But a butt nekkid Kirk Douglas still kicked his a**.
September 5, 2013
With the standout scene being a naked Kirk Douglas kicking a leather clad Harvey Keitel's ass, this film otherwise manages to be jarringly un-fun for it's seemingly endless 88 minute running time. It's the decision-making that went into this film that is the real horror.
April 27, 2013
Heres my review. Pyscho space captain on Saturn wants to bang Farrah Fawcett, he builds giant psycho robot that also wants to bang Farrah Fawcett. The 12 year old in me almost relate.
March 16, 2013
I'm guessing what this movie mainly lacks is suspense, even with three people and one robot on a spaceship. Although, I have to admit that Kirk Douglas gives a decent performance from start to finish.
May 21, 2012
Love this movie. One of my favorites that I think didn't get the positive reviews that it deserved. Great Futuristic love triangle that is Horror and Sci-Fi .... Not really for children due to gore and nudity... Ahead of its time .... A great movie !!!
May 5, 2012
Ticks so many sci-fi boxes and throws in some very interesting actors and yet utterly fails to be an interesting film. The plot is so under developed that it fails to create a single memorable scene or even idea. The sets are well made but also so generic the movie fails to have a distinct look or feel to set it apart. The best way to view is with friends who like deconstructing faulty movies and having fun at its expense.
April 19, 2012
A classic Sci Fi from the 80s
jarrad b.
April 1, 2012
poor storyline, and the robot looks very weak. Good cast but harvey keitel was phoning it in.
January 16, 2012
Something is very wrong on Saturn 3.