Say Uncle - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Say Uncle Reviews

½ January 14, 2009
A good idea and story, but something about it felt empty to me. They didn't push it hard enough and make it feel real.
December 14, 2008
meh. take it or leave it. it probably would've been more convincing if the lead character wasn't actually so creepy toward these kids. it could have really been a powerful film with a powerful statement to make, but instead i was left with no empathy whatsoever for his situation.
May 19, 2008
A great first film from Peter Paige. At time hilarious, heartbreaking and disturbing. The film exposes the paranoid suburban nature of the bored heavy housewife.
The film suffers from first time director syndrome, i.e. it lags in parts, has trouble finding it's footing, but none of it's flaws are big enough to detract from the fact that it's a great, human, original story.
I highly recommend this film, not only to QaF lovers, but to anyone who enjoys an original, well written indie dramedy with heart.
March 12, 2007
This was a really fun movie. I really liked the story, but I thought the ending was a little too unrealistic. But all-in-all I thought it was a really good effort!
½ September 2, 2006
I can't quite put my finger on what exactly about this film I didn't like. It means well, the cast is good. I just found it unpleasant. I think the main character is too strange to really pull the film off. He's meant to be likeable but he is just too kooky. The characters are all too extreme.
April 24, 2013
pretty cute and kinda touching movie!
December 7, 2012
Worth finding and watching!
March 27, 2008
This looks ridiculous. Pass.
August 29, 2011
pretty cute and kinda touching movie!
½ September 7, 2010
It reminds me a lot of Micheal Jackson's case
August 10, 2010
Was a very funny movie with a good message
May 21, 2010
the worst piece of crap since son of the mask.
½ September 6, 2009
Paul's obsession with children was a little TOO disturbing in this film. A lead character with no common sense is hardly appealing. BUT - this film is worth it just to see Anthony Clark kiss another man.
August 25, 2009
Add a review (optional)...
½ July 21, 2009
I don't get this. It's supposed to be a comedy but the situation is actually pretty grim. Surprised Peter Paige wrote something so depressing and gave it the guise of a fun comedy. Horrible.
½ April 22, 2009
What a complete & utter waste of time, that was 90 mins of my life I'll never get back...
March 15, 2009
2005 Seattle Lesbian & Gay Film Festival
½ January 14, 2009
½ December 30, 2008
Just saw this on Logo - what a disappointment. With Peter Paige and Kathy Najimy involved, you'da thunk it would have been better. Filled with stereotypes and an obvious plot that takes advantage of them. I guess it would have been it okay if was done more like a farce, but instead it's an icky dramedy.
December 28, 2008
I have enjoyed this movie. It was funny and interesting. I like how it explained the fear of pedophilia and the double standard of males in society. The only problem I had was the ending, it could have been written better.