Scanners III: The Takeover (Scanner Force) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scanners III: The Takeover (Scanner Force) Reviews

deano
January 27, 2008
This third installment is distant from David Cronenberg's original vision. Dull.
December 18, 2010
such a bizarre film that focuses on a drug that makes the main character into a crazy person. The main problem is the main protagonist is rarely shown compared to the enemy. Its almost unbelievable how much time is spent on the good person of the film. This makes it kind of funny and/or interesting.
½ February 18, 2010
(**): Thumbs Down

This one is slightly better than part 2 because it has a sense of dark humor to it (and some unintentionally hilarious moments too.). Still, not as good as the first film!
½ January 14, 2014
Seriously the ideas of scanners you should be able to be easily come up with a decent storyline than this mess. I must be honest though some of this is funny as hell but not in a good way.
November 4, 2013
Scanners III: The Takeover (AKA Scanner Force) pretty much ignores the events of the previous films (as did the previous sequel), takes elements from each of them and tries to go in its own direction. The film is driven by the performance of Liliana Komorowska, who is at times hilariously over-the-top with her delivery of the dialogue, and tells the story of a scanner woman who becomes obsessed with taking over the world with her power and her scanner brother who must stop her. The head explosions, which are a staple of this series, are pretty good, and the plot is decent enough, I guess. The problem though is, do we really need Scanners sequels? The answer is, of course, no, but this one isn't too bad. It can get a little boring at times, particularly in the middle of the movie, but overall, it was watchable on some level.
October 24, 2013
Terrible overacting by the whole cast ruins this one
½ March 12, 2008
Solid entertainment. :P
March 13, 2013
The special effects were kind of dull when compared to what seen in the first two, but the good story lines, plot twists interesting characters & actors are still here..... worth a look for fans of the series....
October 27, 2012
As bad as Scanners 2. I blame the common element - director Christian Duguay. A woman develops a vicious mean streak after using an experimental medical patch (with a laughable neon flashing green light) to cure her scanner side effects.
½ May 7, 2012
Good film... and some exploding body parts too.
December 18, 2010
½ December 4, 2010
Okay, quite lame as a trilogy movie but I do like it for some reason. Maybe it's the main actor in it. I don't know.
½ August 18, 2010
should have stopped at 2 - this is really stretching
February 20, 2010
More of the same with head explosions and the like, with more added action, but at times awful acting. Story wearing a bit thin now aswell.
½ February 18, 2010
(**): Thumbs Down

November 1, 2009
The funniest crap sequel I have ever seen!
½ September 30, 2009
This film is so bad that it?s actually quite entertaining!
½ August 5, 2009
It shouldn't be possible. Somehow, Scanners 3 is actually worse than Scanners 2. Hell, while we're on the subject of unforgivable sequels, it's worse than Robocop 2 and 3 (yes, bro, you were right), The Hitcher 2, S. Darko and even Terminator: Salvation. This is actually the worst sequel to a good film* that I have ever seen.

So how does one review a film that has no redeeming qualities? Well...have you ever started saying a sentence out loud that was so depressing you couldn't actually bring yourself to finish it? You start off fairly loud and clear, but eventually the words just sputter out and die in your throat, only to be replaced by a sort of horrible, despairing, soul-wrenching sigh. That's what this film is like.

* The good film referred to is of course the original Scanners and not the second film. God...can't believe I had to specify that.
½ May 10, 2009
Utterly worthless sequel. Surprisingly the acting has improved a little but the plot line is so much worse than anything that has gone before it made me feel ill... really really bad.
Amazingly it is not in the top 3 worst films I have ever seen... but not even that or the boobies can raise this above 1/2 star waste of my life fodder...
½ May 7, 2009
The Scanners series no longer resembles anything, David Cronenberg came up with. If Carrie White had learned the Jedi mindtrick, she'd fit right in to this embarrassing piece of tripe, which helped bury the Canadian film series (the two Scanner Cop movies notwithstanding). An electronic skin patch meant to cure Scanner Komorowska of migraine attacks makes her go berserk instead, causing birds to explode, obnoxious colleagues to strip dance and TV talk show hosts to hump their guests...