• PG-13, 1 hr. 28 min.

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Scary Movie 3 Reviews

Sophie B

October 31, 2011
So much better than the second but in no way as good at the first, the jokes are a lot more original with several funny moments especially with the boy. Leslie Nielsen was a brilliant add to the series.
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

September 20, 2011
Scary Movie 3 is the third uninspired entry of the Scary Movie franchise. With this third film, the filmmakers have clearly run out of ideas, and wrote this horrid mess of a "comedy". This film is unfunny, stupid and above all, a total waste of time. This has some awful jokes, bad acting, and the failed attempt at "humor" feels forced, unnatural and strained. The actors themselves seemed bored, and not involved in the film. How can they? This third entry plainly sucks. The gags are very bad, and the film tries too hard at being an effective parody, but it's not. This film is really the start at where parody films started being very bad. I found the film to be very stupid, and awful. I hated this third film, and considering I liked the first two, I was very disappointed in what I saw in this film. Spoof films aren't funny anymore, and Scary Movie 3 and 4 along with Date Movie, Epic Movie, Meet the Spartans proves it. Scary Movie 3 is a disappointing and very bad film that you're not missing out on. Watch the first two Scary Movie films, as they do provide a few laughs, but skip on this one and the fourth film. This film is a painful attempt at comedy, and doesn't do anything interesting on-screen. Skip it; you'll be glad you did.
DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

April 2, 2011
Scary Movie 3 is a hilarious film and is a good comedy, but the problem is that it just feels that now they are trying a little TOO hard to be stupid. The storyline is funny, and a great spoof. The cast is ok, the little boy and Charlie Sheen were hilarious, but Anna Farris is getting old. The jokes are great, but when I laughed I felt kind of stupid for laughing, is that wrong? Oh well, if you want a good spoof, watch this, if you actually wanna see a great spoof watch the first one.
movieguru12
movieguru12

February 12, 2008
Good comic parody of horror films. Charlie Sheen is hilarious :) Too bad he's in rehab right now haha.
Alexander D

June 29, 2011
I saw this one after its sequel (SCARY MOVIE 4, obviously), and I must say it most certainly was not as good as the fourth entry was. Yes, this one was absolutely funny to the point of choking, but a lot of what was clearly intended to be funny in SCARY MOVIE 3 just doesn't draw many laughs. Fortunately, looking at the flip side, this entry was definitely better than SCARY MOVIE (which I thought was overall mediocre) and SCARY MOVIE 2 (which, of what I saw, was not too great at all). I'll probably watch this and its sequel again at least once, and I'll spend half of every day anticipating the release of SCARY MOVIE 5.
murphmann93
murphmann93

June 23, 2011
Charlie Sheen. Winning. That is all.
Jacob E

April 27, 2011
You know what, I am a film geek. A huge one. I own a 5 disc version of Blade Runner on Blu-Ray, I break down symbolism in film constantly, and I consider myself in a bit of a hierarchy when it comes to film. But there also comes a time when funny is just funny dammit and I love this movie. I consider it the best Scary Movie, it's just hilarious on all fronts. What is there to hate?
Richard C

July 21, 2010
The best scary movie and the only one I actually thought was really funny. B
YodaMasterJedi

March 2, 2010
Same like others.
KJ P

January 12, 2010
Unlike most people, I actually thought it was the best in the series!
ScoopOnline
ScoopOnline

November 29, 2009
My very basket unalike movie. It was the best way of making fans to say NO!
I forgive zucknuckle for this Movie!
FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

September 9, 2007
again hilarioous with a fair few laugh out load moments and so can see how scary movie is the best piss take movie ever!
Extremely worth a watch!
Anthony L

August 27, 2009
When the Wyans brothers didnt even want to do it you know its going to be bad. More sick humor from this awful franchise that reverts to ripping off the Naked Gun films. Shite.
Lady D

August 9, 2006
Certainly the best of the trilogy and of course portraying much more recent films.
SilentWarProductions2009
May 29, 2007
Directed by: David Zucker.
Starring: Anna Faris, Regina Hall, Charlie Sheen, Anthony Anderson, Leslie Nielsen, Queen Latifah.

<< "You know your teacher Miss Brenda?"..."Yeah?"..."SHES DEAD!!! GONE FOREVER!!! DIED A HORRIBLE PAINFUL DEATH!!! GONE GONE GONE JUST LIKE YOUR DOG!!!"..."My dogs dead?"..."I JUST RAN HIM OVER WITH THE CAR WHEN I DROVE IN...EVERYONE YOU LOVE AROUND YOU IS DYING!!!" >>

The story follows Cindy from the first two films, she has now graduated from college and in a career as a newscaster, while raising her sisters son. Her new story is to cover the strange appearances of crop circles on a local farm and a mysterious video tape, that kills people in 7 days....is there a connection between the two? And is there really some connection with an alien invasion?

If any other filmmaker out there attempted to make this film, I would be the sort of person saying something like 'No one will beat what the Wayan's brothers did on the first film'....but with the creator of 'spoof' David Zucker behind the wheel, anythings possible. Although the movie isn't as great as the first nor any of Davids classics, it proves to be a strong installment.

David Zucker created 'spoof', we all know that, so he certainly knows his stuff. Although this film is certainly no Airplane!, it is a stronger (over the second), more mainstream input into the franchise over the first film. Where the first film hit with its sharp wit and vulgar humor, Scary Movie 3 goes PG-13 (big surprise), removing the really dirty dialogue, but thankfully never any of the sharp ideas. David Zucker and his team of writers hit (for the most part) what they are aiming for, even though they do tend to stray away from the films main point, spoofing other mainstream films and including a few pop references that work well...and although it isn't anything big, what I found to be surprising was how far more coherent and easily everything fits together compared to the other films.

Only two of the original cast are back and I am going to come out and say that I do not like Anna Faris here. With the first film, she had real flair and essence to completely mock all teenage horror leading ladies and that was what made her funny, here she doesn't have that quality to work with and she has gained some annoying 'softness' to her voice. Regina Hall is underused, but we have the first two films for that....and the great referencing by adding Leslie Nielsen to the cast was a high point for me, as he never misses a note and it was great to see him back.

It isn't David Zucker's best by a long shot and it doesn't quite hit the 'cult classic' note that is the first film, but it manages to work brilliantly with sharp ideas, witty and silly humor, all while aiming at a mainstream audience, which isn't actually a bad thing for a change. A great addition to the franchise, even if it is a different take.
thmtsang
thmtsang

June 24, 2007
quite funny spoof movie about scarey flicks
Kylie B

March 26, 2007
Wasn't as bad as the first two, some of the stupid jokes and slapstick made me laugh, but I was disappointed about the Ring spoof, it could've been much better.
Matthew C

November 19, 2007
Probably the funniest out of all the "Scary Movie" films I have seen. Granted, this is based on my own style of humor, and strictly an opinion. Watch for a good cheap laugh, but don't expect Oscar performances
Rachel F

July 5, 2007
This is a really stupid movie but I guess you can get a few laughs from it.