Scary Movie 4 Reviews

April 12, 2006
War of the Worlds is one of my favourite movies so I liked this one quite a lot. They did it in a really good way adding more jokes into it. The characters are a bit stale now though. The best scene had to be with the Japanese boy when they were talking in 'Japanese' using words like Nagasaki and Honda. As a film that you're not meant to take seriously, it's brilliant.
TheDudeLebowski65
½ September 20, 2011
The Scary Movie franchise, at this point is truly scraping the bottom of the barrel of ideas. This film is not funny whatsoever. I felt like this was a great waste of time. The film uses gross out humor that I found to be in very poor taste, along with popular culture references that were supposed to be "funny", but that failed miserably. What you have here is one of the many spoof films that fails to deliver something actually funny. Scary Movie 4 is along with the other recent spoof films, a bunch of films that fail to deliver anything funny for the viewer. Scary Movie 4 should've never been made in the first place, and is one of the worst spoof films that I have seen. This film is much uninspired and the filmmakers are quite lazy when it comes to delivering something funny. The think popular culture references are funny, well I didn't think so. I felt like this was one of the worst comedies that I've seen, and there was absolutely nothing good going for it whatsoever. This film misses the mark i9n delivering something funny to an audience. Really shitty reviews should be a clue to film studios that their film really sucks. In the case of the Scary Movie franchise, they should've gotten a clue after the first two. This film is a train wreck of a film that has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
DreamExtractor
April 2, 2011
Scary Movie 4 was a pathetic film. The storyline never matters in these movies, but this was not a good spoof, and mostly because they are just tryig too hard with this film, but I did have the occasional laugh. The cast is ok, Anna farris is really getting old by doing these movies, and the rest of the people are just here to be look alikes of the movies being spoofed, nothing else really. The jokes aren't really that funny, and even though I laughed at the Saw spoof, nothing else was really funny for me. Saw 4 was a pathetic excuse for a spoof movie, but its still better than the second film.
murphmann93
June 23, 2011
Not the funniest but there was some quite funny scenes. Average. Not the best out of the sequels though. Most of them are sadly not very memorable despite the hilariousness of them.
ScoopOnline
July 19, 2007
Yeah well it is a guilty Joy. Its Zuck Nuckle`s. My only complain there was not a single Wayan brother in this. Why?

AND NO!
I dont think it has to do with David Zucker`s political affiliations (Converted to the Republican Party in 2004) I guess I ll die wondering.
January 24, 2011
Not anything monumental, but the best of the Scary Movie series.

Grade: C
½ July 21, 2010
C-
3niR
½ March 2, 2010
Funny and gross too! :))
January 12, 2010
Could have been funnier, but it was okay!
FiLmCrAzY
½ September 4, 2007
Not as good as the first 3 but still fairly entertaining that makes you laugh!
Worth a watch
½ June 11, 2009
it actually is scary, in the way that this is supposed to be comedy
December 12, 2008
I dont know, I am kind of tired of these at this point...

As a teenager when these series started I remember I laughed pretty hard - I'll have to watch them over to see if I still do, but today, the parody's are getting stupider and stupider. The movie is losing creativity and there just really is no talent in these films.

I laughed at this movie a few times, im not going to sit here and say I didnt. But beyond a movie in which you would laugh at pure stupidity it's not really a "Movie". It does not deserve a good rating comparable to movies that actually have true talent and true meaning behind them.
December 30, 2006
A very good spoof film making fun of The Grudge, The war of the worlds, Saw and The Village. It has a good mix of slapstick, visual jokes and great spoofs of the films mentioned. A lot like the 3rd installment. This is the type of film you love or hate!
½ October 5, 2006
Spoofs can be fun, but proves Scary Movie 4 proves beyond a shadow of a doubt they can also suck. It spoofs The Grudge, War of the Worlds, Saw and The Village--and not even that well. The few Leslie Nielsen scenes were funny and the Tom Cruise spoof was actually pretty damn hilarious but I think I might actually die of cringing if they go on with these movies.
June 25, 2007
Not even close to funny.
½ June 23, 2007
The fourth Scary Movie derived its fun from the recent Saw, The Grudge and War of the World movies. It was great seeing Doctor Phil in the Saw scene, and the little Saw puppets running around throughout the movie. I laughed at the little Japanese Boy's choice of words. Quite a funny movie, but I hadn't seen "War of the Worlds" so probably missed many of those references. Contrary to the title of this series, these movies are not "Scary". I wish they would lampoon the older horror classics like Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Friday the 13th and The Shining!
½ April 2, 2007
Made me laugh twice. Other than those two laughs this is a painful experience. More like a shitty sketch show than an actual film. Spoofs can be done well (Airplane) but when they just cramm in jokes and references that aren't even funny it all seems rather desperate.
½ January 15, 2007
*sigh*
½ October 21, 2006
For what it's worth, Scary Movie 4 probably is the best entry in this strangely resilient series.
deano
August 27, 2006
Funniest and good spoof movie as I liked the start of scene starring Shaq and Dr. Phil McGraw in "Saw" scene.