—— The Identical Sep 05

Scavenger Hunt Reviews

skactopus
skactopus

October 9, 2007
This is one of my favorite pre-80s films. 5 groups of people set out on a scavenger hunt to win $200 million dollars. Now that's entertainment.The story for this film is absolutely entertaining. The scavenger hunt is only a few hours so the pace of this film moves rather quickly. Not only that, but there are more than enough characters to follow so the film never gets boring, although it is a little difficult to remember everybody's names. You can't help but laugh at some of the items that these groups of people have to get, without purchasing them. That is the rule. You have some usual everyday stuff, but there are other unique items which this film focuses on. A toilet, a suit of armor, a wedding dress, a beehive, and a live OSTRICH, just to name a few. Did I mention that there are bonus points awarded to the team that gets the heaviest person? Well there is that as well. Not only are the items laughable, but so are the ridiculous events that take place while getting them. It is hard to see anybody getting bored with this flick.The acting for the most part is great. There are a few performers that get irritating after a while, but the others are enjoyable. Richard Benjamin and Cleavon Little put on great performances. It was also funny to see cameos from Meat Loaf, Vincent Price, and Arnold Schwarzenegger.You probably won't see this film around too often, so if you get the chance to see it, I would highly recommend it. There is nothing like teamwork.
Lafe F

July 30, 2007
A wacky fun comedy. I remember one of my family members recording over one of my valuable video tapes with this damned movie.
rodjeckrich
March 12, 2013
A total late night movie that was on Channel 7 as a kid. Almost passable as entertainment but then again without cable TV the big competition was snow on the screen.
Bancho
November 8, 2007
A great, simple premise and entertaining comedy, Scavenger Hunt feels ahead of its time. A few of the characters are a little annoying, but this is forgivable. Also, there are numerous surprising cameos, rivaling those of I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry.

If you can find this film (it's not released on DVD), it is well worth a watch.
Ferrin9995
February 23, 2007
I loved this movie when i was little. I would love to see it avaliable on DVD. It is almost impossible to find unless you want to pay a small fortune.
Matt P.
April 13, 2012
I loved this film when I was a young (around 10yrs+), and having watched it again recently it for me still holds up. It's a time and place that I'd love to have lived through, which i kinda did, and obviously a fun riotous comedy set in that time and place.
November 11, 2011
Loved this movie as a kid, along with MMMM World and similar ensemble comedies. Can't believe it's still not reissued.
Dirk R.
November 9, 2011
No doubt, one of the most fun movies released in 1979. An all-star cast put in memorable, if not a little predictable, performances. Hilarious and heartwarming. The loss of a mascot and surprise ending make it time well spent. tame by today's standards, it can be enjoyed by those 10 and up. This film has yet to be released to DVD, but bootlegs and original VHS copies are available.
October 10, 2011
One of my most favorite movies. Hysterically funny and it is not out on DVD!
September 18, 2011
Killer movie with a fantastic cast!
July 21, 2011
I can just die every time I see Richard Mulligan dress up as a mummy in this silly movie.
March 13, 2011
Campy funny movie starring Robert Mulligan and Scatman Cruthers....1979..its silly but the dialogue makes me laugh....good diversion and a blast from the past!.."They Killed Montclaire....!!"
Kriss H.
March 31, 2010
great cast fun movie pretty much PG family fare ruth gordon is a sceen stealer and the nitrusoxide scene is histerical....
Kimberly D.
November 7, 2009
This movie is too funny. You'll laugh until tears run down your cheeks. Great plot,and quirky characters make this a must see with one liners that are memorable. Great fun for the whole family.
candice b.