19% Transcendence Apr 18

—— Unforgettable: Season 3

Secret Admirer Reviews

AJ V

September 6, 2010
Another predictable teen romance from the 80s, but it does have a good cast and a couple of funny scenes.
puffchunk
puffchunk

August 18, 2008
Oh the 80's. How I do enjoy making fun of it.
Donna D

November 23, 2008
Hilarious teen comedy on a Secret Admirer letter. How one letter intrigues the mind of Michael ( C.Thomas Howell) who is curious to see who his admirer is and pin points the hot girl in school Debbie. Only thing is Michael needs his best friend Toni to help him out with delivering the letters. Soon, it get's in the wrong hands and causes mayhem. Hilarious and funny and a great 80's favorite. Fred Ward makes a nice addition to this comedy. :)
iLeo
iLeo

December 6, 2007
This was the funniest, the cutest, and definitely the craziest movie ever! I love it still.
Great cast!
shokwave1
February 27, 2010
Not as good as other 80s teen comedies I've seen. With the premise and cast, this could have been much much better.
The80sExpert
September 20, 2008
Alright, it's cheesy, got story flaws, predictable, and could be a lot better, but it has a good amount of funny scenes and good actors. Overall, it's so-so.
spunkylilangel29
October 18, 2008
I loved the cast and the movie, funny heartfelt, and true to life. U always want what you feel you can't have and then when you get it, it pales in comparison to what you have already.
MichelleasaurusRex
August 25, 2008
Good movie. My friend told me to watch it because she thought the guy in it was cute. I thought this movie was great. The whole mix with the letter just made it so fun to watch. I felt sorry for that girl because all she does is help people and never get anything she wants. The ending was really nice.
August 18, 2008
Fred Ward and like, six seconds of Kelly Preston's boobs save it from complete mediocrity. Also, I kind of have a thing for mid 80's Lori Loughlin. That helps.
June 19, 2008
This was one of my favorite movies when I was about thirteen and went through my Outsiders phase. Havent seen it in years but probably still remember every word.
NicJ
July 25, 2007
If you were a girl in the 80's, you probably remember this as fondly as I do. C. Thomas Howell and Kelly Preston? Good stuff.
Kristin T

June 25, 2007
This movie was cute. Kelly Preston's character was my favorite. She did a good job. The other two leads (Howell and Loughlin) were alright. I laughed out loud a few times which is always good!
stace0525
February 22, 2007
I would stay up and watch this on HBO when I was in middle school!! I would watch it everytime it was on.
Dave J
September 27, 2013
Friday, September 27, 2013

(1985) Secret Admirer
TEENAGE COMEDY

Intentioned for the young narcissistic teenage male which the idea is so simplistic, that it only serves only as a backdrop to the failed comedy routines. Long time female teen Toni (Lori Loughlin) craving for a steady relationship with her best friend Michael Ryan (C. Thomas Howell) except that like most of his peers the only girl he want is the most popular teenage girl of the school who is
Deborah (Kelly Preston). And then throughout much of the movie, Toni helps him to achieve this. Even if it meant sacrificing herself as a distraction since Deborah has a boyfriend already who is an all around popular athletic jock.

Simplistic movie for the average teen male who used to have the hot's for a young Kelly Preston since this may have been the first film she had ever did that showed her breasts which there was no internet at the time, and ironically is probably one of the few things I remembered about it. Many of my peers also wanted to see more movies of her assuming Preston be naked in those movies too before people knew she was a scientologist and was married to fellow scientologist John Travolta. If you ask me, Scientology wasn't even a word for a very long time until Bill Clinton came into office since Travolta was doing a movie about him.

2 out of 4 stars
J M.
July 5, 2013
Well done comedy - good cast - movie I could watch anytime
BatMime
July 1, 2013
A missed opportunity. It starts out promising, almost like it's going to be this John Hughes' style classic, and then fifteen minutes in, the adults get a hold of the anonymously composed love letters and everything devolves into unbelievable sitcom. I was so crushed when it became a stupid comedy of errors and abandoned all of the good stuff that made me think I was going to relate to it. The ending is high-energy and I was happy to see how things resolved but if the rest of the film were as good as its bookends, this would have been something special.
Robert C.
February 5, 2013
A great love story. Hugely underrated!
April 19, 2012
Yet another of the mid-80s teen romances, but this one is excellent for some reason or other. God knows. But it has fun, and believable romance, and all sorts. I recommend it to you, the fictitious person who reads these reviews.
januaryroses
July 18, 2008
This was cute. I miss C. Thomas Howell.