Seed Of Chucky (2004)
Average Rating: 4.4/10
Reviews Counted: 75
Fresh: 24 | Rotten: 51
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 3.9/10
Critic Reviews: 18
Fresh: 2 | Rotten: 16
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 2.6/5
User Ratings: 138,542
When the notoriously evil Chucky doll and his lover gave birth, they had no idea that their spawn would grow up to be a peace-loving kind of guy; however, that's exactly what Glen turns out to be: a gentle soul who is horrified at what he has been told about his family. After hearing the news of a film being made about his parents' murderous legacy, Glen sets off for Hollywood, where he promptly brings Chucky and Tiffany back to life. Far from diving into doting fatherhood, Chucky is seriously
Nov 12, 2004 Wide
Jun 7, 2005
Focus Features - Official Site
Watch It Now
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
By far, the most shocking carnage is Tilly carving up her persona. What a doll.
The film mostly shoots blanks; it's less than the sum of its in-jokes.
There is not a single scary moment in all of Seed of Chucky, so its laughs are welcome, though most of the humor falls flat.
There is one thing that cannot be denied or ignored or downplayed: Jennifer Tilly gives every inch of herself to this movie.
Though saddled with as egregiously silly a feel as its immediate predecessor, Seed of Chucky nevertheless comes off as a somewhat superior sequel...
A gutbucket farce that works better as a lampoon of Hollywood than as a horror movie.
Seed of Chucky is still a great follow-up to Bride and a very cool horror/comedy on it's own.
Hit-and-miss comedy horror that is often extremely funny, thanks to a splattering of decent gags and an impressive comedy turn from Jennifer Tilly.
Easily the best of the five Chucky films, Seed Of Chucky serves up plenty with its sharp satirical edge and Tilly's sensational performance.
Writer-director Don Mancini can't resist turning it into the rankest genre piece.
Either very brave or very stupid for Jennifer Tilly; I was glad to have it end.
Seed of Chucky is so self-referential that despite some inspired madness, it's less a movie than a celebration of its own snarkiness.
This 90-minute lobotomy scores a few giggles, but only enough to recommend it to friends you never want to speak to again.
Although it does a bang-up job of showcasing Tilly's breasts and some over-the-top gore sequences, this ultracampy entry fails to produce much in the way of chills, thrills, or chuckles.
Installment No. 5 in the once-moribund Child's Play franchise isn't quite the roller coaster from hell that the series' last outing was, but it's surely the most engaging, and, dare I say, emotionally honest.
The film is about as good as could be expected, considering it's the fifth installment and its premise is absurd.
Audience Reviews for Seed Of Chucky
Movies Like Seed Of Chucky
- Chucky: No. You decided, just like you decided our son was a girl.
- Tiffany: He is a girl.
- Chucky: He is a boy godamnit and he is the most promising killer I have ever seen.
- Chucky: Do you know how that can fuck with your mind, fuck with your mind, fuck with your mind.
- Glen: But, isn't violence bad?
- Chucky: No, son. 'Violins.' Violins are bad. That screeching music is gonna ruin the goddamn country!
- Chucky: He looks like the kid fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.
- Glen: I don't know much about myself. I know I'm an orphan. I know I'm a freak. And, of course, I know that I'm Japanese.
- Chucky: If this is what it takes to be human, then I'd rather take my chances as a supernaturally-possessed doll! It's much less complicated! Think about it! What's so great about being human? You get sick! You get old! As a doll, I'm infamous! I am Chucky! The killer doll!
Discuss Seed Of Chucky on our Movie forum!
Latest News on Seed Of Chucky
June 29, 2005:In Other News...A Domino Death, Stella's Groove, and Jennifer Tilly
Real-life model-turned-bounty hunter Domino Harvey, whose rejection of the privileged life for the...