Seedpeople Reviews

March 26, 2013
Another low-budget, B-movie horror film. Not atrociously bad, but not "so bad it's good" either. The effects are horrid. The alien plants look like they're paper-mache with crepe paper for limbs. The acting is okay for the most part; I like Andrea Roth in most of her roles. The story is too reminiscent of Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Can't say I enjoyed it.
April 26, 2015
A huge rip off of Invasion of the Body Snatchers, but it does have its moments. The cheesy B-movie horror keeps it interesting. Without that, Seedpeople would have been a waste of time.
July 8, 2015
Probably the best movie known to man, a stunning thriller with the most original ideas.
½ January 7, 2015
I thought I would like it more for nostalgic reasons (I used to like this movie when I was really young and new to horror movies), but no... I was stupid and this movie is terrible. It's a basic cheap-o ripoff of Invasion of the Body Snatchers. You expect so-bad-it's-good, but no. It's dull, forgettable, and I pretty much hated it. I could write plenty about why it sucks, including the terrible effects, ripoff script, and hammy acting, but why bother? Who even remembers this crap? Why am I still writing? Stay away from this movie.
½ February 1, 2014
Fun creature effects, dull story, boring characters, and horrible pacing. There isn't a lot that happens, and it's mostly attack after attack followed by mediocre dialog and plot. The monsters look neat, but otherwise, it's a dud.
½ October 13, 2004
[center][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][b][u]Seedpeople (1992)[/u][/b][/size][/font] :rotten: :rotten: :rotten: :confused: :eek: :eek: [/center]

[indent][font=Comic Sans MS]"[i][b]Plants are the most cunning and vicious of all life forms [/b][/i]", informs one dopey would-be victim in [b]Seedpeople[/b], a silly, flaccid remake of [b]Invasion of the Bodysnatchers[/b], [b]Day of the Triffids[/b], and about a thousand udder moovies. [/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS]And why are seeds moore dangerous than plants, one might ask? Because, according to the same dolt, "[i][b][u]seeds can chase us [/u][/b][/i]". [/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][b]:=8/[/b][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Yes, I can remember one horrifying incident when the MooCow was just a calf, being chased all the way home from school by ravenous dandylion seed... Yeah, right. [/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]So just what in the ding-dong-heckamadoodle (to quote an-udder doltish character)is going on here in the small town of Comet Valley? Well, it would appear that [i]seedy plant monsters have landed from outer space[/i] and have proceeded to kill people and/or turn them into zombies.[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Unfortunately, the "monsters" in this seedy little turkey kind of look like [b]shaggy little muppets[/b], some of which roll around like evil tumbleweeds, others which [u]sail about on strings[/u]. An-udder "special" fx includes a shower of popcorn. Folks, there's not even the tiniest remote inkling of terror or suspense to be found in this stunningly stupid flick. [/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Oh, and for reasons best left unexplained, the evil tumbleweeds are knocked out by 50 volt ultra-violet lights, even though they can [i]walk about in the daylight, which has about 1,000,000,000,000 times more uv energy. [/i][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Can you see where the MooCow is going here, folks: not much thought or effort was put into this cow flop. You'd be better off weeding yer garden instead of wasting your photosynthesis here. The MooCow has said it before and he'll say it again: [u]beware Charles Band and Full Moon Videos!!!![/u] (see [b]Head of the Family [/b]review)[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][b][size=4]:=8P[/size][/b] [/font]