Sergeants 3 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sergeants 3 Reviews

November 24, 2008
This is definitely the worst film of the Rat Pack movies. 4 for Texas is my favorite, but I don't understand why it is considered a Rat Pack film since Frank and Dean are the only ones in it.

There is a lot wrong with this film. First starting with the script. It has these characters all over the place and you never have the sense that these guys were army buddies. It hurts me to say this, but fucking Sinatra is phoning this one in from Hoboken it seems like. half the time he is just staring off into space and when he does have dialogue its like acting 101 coming out of his mouth. Nobody played drunk better than Dean Martin, and in this he is doing a really awful impression of himself. Sammy Davis Jr. as the idiot black guy just trying to be part of the team is just to silly. I kept waiting for him to just slip and call Sinatra "Massa". I can not stand Peter Lawford, never have. He is not a good actor. He has a swanky british accent, thats it. Sinatra never liked Lawford and the only reason he was ever able to get into this group was because he was Frank's in to get to become friends with JFK. Same thing with Ocean's 11, he just fucking bugs me. Just a real boring Western. When it comes to Frank and Dean I can usuaslly look past it, but this movie is just that bad.

Why anyone thought Henry Silva could play an evil Indian is mind boggling.
½ November 3, 2013
Not into westerns and this was my first Rat Pack movie I've ever watched. Maybe I'm not the best person to judge this movie, but I didn't find it that enjoyable.
January 27, 2012
I really wanted to like this because I'm a big Rat Pack fan, but I just couldn't get into this. The story is boring, the action feels too heavy (which usually isn't a bad thing but modern audiences won't be impressed by the fake punching), and the writing is very messy. Luckily, the boys of the rat pack are charming and entertaining no matter what they're doing, but the casting feels a bit mismatched although it still is fairly interesting to see these crime movie stars/jazz musicians as cowboys. But sadly, those who aren't watching this for the rat pack will find nothing but a messy, uninteresting, ordinary western.