• PG-13, 1 hr. 39 min.

90% Outlander: Season 1

Serving Sara Reviews

Alice S

August 8, 2010
I like seeing Matthew Perry in this more belligerent smart-aleck role rather than the innocuous smart-aleck role on "Friends." Amy Adams is the true stand-out in a cast of much more famous and supposedly more seasoned actors. Her bimbo character is so committed. That slow wink. That breast-wiggling thing, which if it really is her and not some stunt breasts, deserves some kind of prize.

Several plot holes: how is it that Sara gets on the exact same bus AFTER Joe when they are in the same place to begin with? How does Tony catch up to Joe and Sara so fast? If Tony forgets to set his watch back for CST, how does he make it on the plane in time?
Naughtia
Naughtia

May 15, 2010
Serving Sara is a very easy going and charming movie. The two leading roles are played wonderfully by Matthew Perry and Elizabeth Hurley. Joe is a process server who meets Sara when he delivers divorce papers to her. Sara is chocked to know that her husband wants a divorce because she thought they were happily married. The papers say that she is about to lose everything in the divorce and she does not want to let that happen. I thought this movie is enjoyable because of these two talented actors and their good chemistry. Allthough this was set to be a great movie, it wasn't nearly as good as I'd expected it to be. It's sad because the story has much more potential.
xxdebxx
xxdebxx

June 27, 2011
The movie is about a process server called Joe (Matthew Perry) who is given the assignment to serve Sara Moore (Elizabeth Hurley) with divorce papers by her philandering Texan husband, but after he does it she convinces him to serve her husband instead and destroy her papers in exchange of one million dollars. Cedric the Entertainer is hilarious as Perry's boss in the film and Amy Adams plays the girlfriend. There were some laughs (including one gross out scene where Joe has to pretend he is a veterinarian and help a bull out with a little "problem" he is having). "Serving Sara" serves up plenty of Hurley eye candy.
Jason C

July 3, 2011
It's a run of the mill comedy with a great cast. Matthew Perry didn't do many movies, but he was good at what he was type-cast to do. Bruce Campbell, Amy Adams, Vincent Pastore and Terry Crews all add to Serving Sara. It has Elizabeth Hurley. One of the most gorgeous women to grace the screen. Any movie with her in it is worth a star to its rating alone.

The story isn't going to twist; it's there to keep the laughs going, and it's only kind of funny. If you're looking for anything with the slightest bit of depth, keep looking.

Reginald Hudlin was a horrible director. He's doing TV now. That, and a script from the unbelievably bad writing team of Jay Scherik and David Ronn (I-Spy, Norbit, the Guess Who rewrite, National Security) and you get a surprisingly decent movie.

If it's on TV and you just want something on TV, Serving Sara is worth a watch.
Janice :

October 13, 2007
Insanely ridiculous! Some funny scenes, but overall I'd say this is sleep-inducing, as much as sleeping pills!
FanGirl
FanGirl

June 21, 2006
The only reason it didn't get 1/2 a star is because Bruce Campbell is in it.
February 23, 2007
This was a wild hair re-watch off the To-Watch Pile, and I have to say that it holds up pretty well as far as the little rom-com I recall from the VHS days, and while it's nothing all that great, it's got some funny bits and Hurley is easy on the eyes, so why not give it a spin?

Rental?
cappieforpresident
November 30, 2013
Matthew Perry is fantastic in this! It's such a shame that Elizabeth Hurley isn't even close to impressing me. It's still funny though.
RachelJezel
December 22, 2009
This movie is a tremendous amount of fun, and Matthew Perry is my fave star from friends (along with Lisa K.). Liz's performance in this film will remind you of "Bedazzled", another awesomely fun film.
January 30, 2008
Oh, Matthew Perry. He's always Chandler. Even Elizabeth Hurley has a broader range. I actually really like the two of them but even so, it's still a pretty crappy movie.
tcc0827
August 4, 2007
I couldn't stop laughing. I can't tell you the part because I don't want to ruin it for you but you will know it.
MrTalbotOO7
March 5, 2007
Fast paced and entertaining, but not especially memorable, and Bruce Campbell was underused. Luckily, Elizabeth Hurly was in her underwear, so that made the rest of the movie worth watching. Actually, the whole cast was pretty good and likeable, which offset the fact that most of the movie just isn't very funny, being only smile-worthy at best. Thats not a bad thing, mind you, but not a great one either.
wchire
January 26, 2007
Poor material!!
Perry, Elizabeth, and the great Bruce Campbell are simply just too good for this below mediocre crap.
bigothic
December 7, 2006
well...hmm...its a ok movie... cast isnt bad....could of used hurly's cans to save the movie more...but reason i own it.... bruce campbell....need i say more?....
rove4me
November 28, 2006
Why is it that none of the men from Friends has ever made a decent movie? I fell asleep while watching this movie and was annoyed to wake up and find it still on.
November 19, 2006
I'm not sure why I'd watch it again. If it's on tv on a lazy afternoon, I say go for it. If not, pick something better to see.
sbg79
October 12, 2006
Loved Perry in this movie and Hurley, thought it was funny and Perry is a cute comedian. Of course, Hurley is Hot as always. I think you'd like it too if you watched it and if you like this kind of romantic and silliness...which I do of course.
CloudIsAMonkey
CloudIsAMonkey

June 28, 2006
well, I'll admit it's been a while, but I didn't really understand this movie... But its still pretty good I think.
September 26, 2013
i love Matthew Perry, but this movie was honestly terrible.
filmlover1994
July 31, 2013
My Favorite Comedy Film Is 1933's Duck Soup.