Serving Sara - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Serving Sara Reviews

½ August 8, 2010
I like seeing Matthew Perry in this more belligerent smart-aleck role rather than the innocuous smart-aleck role on "Friends." Amy Adams is the true stand-out in a cast of much more famous and supposedly more seasoned actors. Her bimbo character is so committed. That slow wink. That breast-wiggling thing, which if it really is her and not some stunt breasts, deserves some kind of prize.

Several plot holes: how is it that Sara gets on the exact same bus AFTER Joe when they are in the same place to begin with? How does Tony catch up to Joe and Sara so fast? If Tony forgets to set his watch back for CST, how does he make it on the plane in time?
Naughtia
½ May 15, 2010
Serving Sara is a very easy going and charming movie. The two leading roles are played wonderfully by Matthew Perry and Elizabeth Hurley. Joe is a process server who meets Sara when he delivers divorce papers to her. Sara is chocked to know that her husband wants a divorce because she thought they were happily married. The papers say that she is about to lose everything in the divorce and she does not want to let that happen. I thought this movie is enjoyable because of these two talented actors and their good chemistry. Allthough this was set to be a great movie, it wasn't nearly as good as I'd expected it to be. It's sad because the story has much more potential.
xxdebxx
June 27, 2011
The movie is about a process server called Joe (Matthew Perry) who is given the assignment to serve Sara Moore (Elizabeth Hurley) with divorce papers by her philandering Texan husband, but after he does it she convinces him to serve her husband instead and destroy her papers in exchange of one million dollars. Cedric the Entertainer is hilarious as Perry's boss in the film and Amy Adams plays the girlfriend. There were some laughs (including one gross out scene where Joe has to pretend he is a veterinarian and help a bull out with a little "problem" he is having). "Serving Sara" serves up plenty of Hurley eye candy.
July 3, 2011
It's a run of the mill comedy with a great cast. Matthew Perry didn't do many movies, but he was good at what he was type-cast to do. Bruce Campbell, Amy Adams, Vincent Pastore and Terry Crews all add to Serving Sara. It has Elizabeth Hurley. One of the most gorgeous women to grace the screen. Any movie with her in it is worth a star to its rating alone.

The story isn't going to twist; it's there to keep the laughs going, and it's only kind of funny. If you're looking for anything with the slightest bit of depth, keep looking.

Reginald Hudlin was a horrible director. He's doing TV now. That, and a script from the unbelievably bad writing team of Jay Scherik and David Ronn (I-Spy, Norbit, the Guess Who rewrite, National Security) and you get a surprisingly decent movie.

If it's on TV and you just want something on TV, Serving Sara is worth a watch.
½ October 13, 2007
Insanely ridiculous! Some funny scenes, but overall I'd say this is sleep-inducing, as much as sleeping pills!
FanGirl
June 21, 2006
The only reason it didn't get 1/2 a star is because Bruce Campbell is in it.
½ February 23, 2007
This was a wild hair re-watch off the To-Watch Pile, and I have to say that it holds up pretty well as far as the little rom-com I recall from the VHS days, and while it's nothing all that great, it's got some funny bits and Hurley is easy on the eyes, so why not give it a spin?

Rental?
½ November 30, 2013
Matthew Perry is fantastic in this! It's such a shame that Elizabeth Hurley isn't even close to impressing me. It's still funny though.
½ April 15, 2009
Perry is funny but some of it is obviously forced. Hurley is gorgeous. Pretty bad movie. Amy Adams is also very hot in this (in one of her first roles)
January 9, 2011
I rented this from the video store once, many years ago... watched a little of it and took it back. Revisited it again today, and now I remember why I stopped watching it the first time. I love Matthew Perry and this had a FEW truly funny moments, but as a whole it was terrible. It was corny in a groan-inducing way, and it just tried way too hard to be funny.
½ January 19, 2008
Serving Sara is a forgettable affair That has few actual laughs. Instead it just lumbers along with one tired gag after another. The only reason for the half star is because Liz Hurley always looks good.
December 22, 2009
This movie is a tremendous amount of fun, and Matthew Perry is my fave star from friends (along with Lisa K.). Liz's performance in this film will remind you of "Bedazzled", another awesomely fun film.
½ October 18, 2009
Ok, so it's not a great film, it's got some humor to it but it's not a Barrel of laughs and a story that kinda holds together. But then it's got the great Bruce Campbell in it, the gorgeous Amy Adams, the also attractive Liz Hurley and funny man Matthew Perry. Entertaining.
June 21, 2008
Matthew Perry is Hilarious & Manic like he was in Whole 9 yards, Liz Hurley is Qurky and Funny, and Bruce Campbell is Just F+ckin Great! Loved every second of Bruce Campbell. The movie has lots of Funny parts like when Perry loses his watch in a cow's asshole (I know it sounds strange but you'll have to see the movie, I dont want to give it all away)
May 25, 2008
Near the end of the movie I wondered to myself, "How do movies like this ever get made". Elizabeth Hurley is hot, but not hot enough to save this disaster. It was nice though to see Bruce Campbell working on a movie again.
April 3, 2008
Has a few laughs (Cedric the Entertainer and Bruce Cambell) but mostly a quiet watch. Perry uses wit to say things to people we always wish we could say - which is humorous but unrealistic. The greatest part of the movie is the opening line: "my job sucks".
½ March 14, 2008
I love Matthew Perry in Friends, but here, oh gosh... Just horrible. Everything was horrible in every way.
January 30, 2008
Oh, Matthew Perry. He's always Chandler. Even Elizabeth Hurley has a broader range. I actually really like the two of them but even so, it's still a pretty crappy movie.
½ August 4, 2007
I couldn't stop laughing. I can't tell you the part because I don't want to ruin it for you but you will know it.