A Shine of Rainbows Reviews

½ April 21, 2011
Beautiful. Magical. Scenic. Heartwarming. Charming. Tearjerker. All my favorite qualities wrapped up in one nice little Irish film. I am a sucker for movies that revolve around children, and this one was no exception..Loved it!!
MOVEECRITIC
April 22, 2010
A magically heartwarming film about people adjusting to the trails and tribulations of life while finding strength, love, and happiness.
February 28, 2013
A sweet (if sappy) little movie about an orphan boy who's adopted by a kind woman and her gruff hubby who live on a small island (decrepit castle included!) of the cost of Ireland. I just read Anne of Green Gables so I'm feeling open-minded to the cliched orphan theme at the moment.
January 4, 2013
There's a lot to like, but epic scenery wins all the awards. Beatiful Irish landscapes add to the movie quality. I love the storyline!
October 15, 2012
Breathtakingly beautiful Irish seacoast, wonderful actors, and a magical and poignant story make a gentle, chroming, excellent movie.
August 29, 2012
I find it concerning that the box quoted a not-so-positive review... but this was a TMP and Heartland Film Festival winner.
March 28, 2012
On a movie watching spree..it gets u addicted!! :P

A very sweet movie with a *happy n feel good factor *.....loved it!!..(suits my current mood :)).! lovely
½ March 5, 2012
I just loved this movie, may be a little biased because its Irish, but loved the story and the little boy.
August 27, 2011
So sad during tge middle father so mean so far
June 7, 2011
A little boy bullied at an orphanage because he's timid and stammers could only dream that a beautiful angel would magically appear. She does and his life dramatically improves as she takes him home to her Irish Fairy Tale Island. There's a gruf stepfather that drinks to contend with, a bat filled cave, and a beached seal pup he can identify with. His new found friends are a far cry from the brats at the orphanage. Pleasant after watching movies about demonic kids with apparently sound families.
May 26, 2011
It is a very nice and touching story. One of the rare movies that has good morals and simple plot.
½ April 23, 2011
7/10 A truly heartwarming film.
April 19, 2011
This movie was absolutely fantastic!! It IMO was the best movie I have seen in a long long long time. It is a very heart felt roller coaster of emotions. Tragic and glorious and speaks a million words about what most of us are missing in life.
April 16, 2011
This movie is a delight, if you enjoy having your heart strings tugged.
½ April 8, 2011
It's a heartwarming family movie!! Really nice story and the setting was wonderful, we can learn how to love and be loved from this movie. Again, it's heartwarming! :)
April 2, 2011
Recommend to watch this film.
April 2, 2011
Really enjoyed it. Sad but good. Vic Sarin is a very talented film-maker. Knew him in Montreal in the 60s.
September 21, 2010
A Shine of Rainbows will not win Academy Awards, but the Co Donegal scenery is breathtaking and harmonises with the music and the storyline. Where can I get the DVD?