Simon Birch Reviews

November 21, 2011
Simon Birch, is a comedy-drama that tries with intensity move the audience and captivate the heart, but the sentimentalist spoiler the entire movie. Despite have good intentions, Simon Birch becomes boring and awfully emotional. Rotten.
June 15, 2011
With good intentions and well meaning written all over it, this one is like a bowl of corn flakes, a little soggy. "Boyhood chums face some of life's challenges" might be a kind way to describe it, and though it has it's moments ultimately it sinks under the weight of it's own corn.
TheDudeLebowski65
½ July 14, 2010
A very boring and unspired film. This is suposed to be emotionally charged, hell this is just a stupid boring film with no direction. The midget in this film is annoying and ugly as fuck, and the storyline and is beyond terrible, sappy and stupid. Theres some terrific actors in this film, which are wasted on this sorry excuse of a film. I've never seen something so boring, and hokey. I can think of a lot of better family films than this one. This is the worst family film ever. Pass on this one.
½ March 10, 2010
One of the most touching movies of the decade, because all of the acting is great, and it really helps with a great story to go along with it!
ScoopOnline
December 8, 2009
It is a heart warming story.
September 24, 2009
It has its moments but you really should read the John Irving novel "A Prayer For Owen Meany". If they had stuck to the book it would have been so much better! Ian Michael Smith was excellent though!
August 15, 2009
I often wonder if my favorite genre of movies is drama, action, or horror. It'd be a 3-sided toss up for me - I'm always in the mood for any of the three. Simon Birch is a favorite of mine in the genre of drama as we follow the sad story of Simon and then get into the struggles and mysteries of the other characters also. Simon seems to be more Christian than almost anyone else in the movie, even the minister. Coming of age dramas in particular, such as this, "Stand By Me", etc. always seem to particularly stick with me.
flixsterman
½ January 6, 2009
Underrated little film that was inspired by John Irving's A Prayer for Owen Meany. If you haven't yet read the book you'll love the film. Director Mark Steven Johnson took the story in an entirely different direction.
September 13, 2008
What a great movie.
puffchunk
October 13, 2007
uh...uh....BOOBIES!!!
deano
April 29, 2007
The ugly-duckling title character is a little boy trying to fathom the reason for his presence on Earth. His one staunch friend knows only too well the stigma of being anouteast. This film is really emotional and sentimental without becoming maudlin, upsetting without becoming intolerable, instructive without becoming didactic. I cried at the almost ending scene of losing one of best friends.
½ May 28, 2006
The most perverse movie I have ever seen. As I sat through this film the vomit in the back of my throat began to rise. I sat surrounded by sobbing children at the sight of a demented, wheezing heavily child, who least we forget is obsessed with a certain part of the female anatomy. Had I gone mad or was I the only person who saw this for what it really was. A disgrace to the entire population of unfortunate demented individuals who like our midget friend have fallen victim to this horrible deformity. Never before have I seen such a senseless disgusting movie in which my heart leaped for joy as Simon Birch heavily wheezed his last breath. This was the scene in which I was meant to be crying? I don't think so.
June 6, 2011
a heartwarming, hillarious, modern comedy drama with a small character, but a movie with a big heart. A+
½ May 24, 2011
Wonderful film consisting of jokes that strike the funny bone, and sweet moments that strike the heart.
June 26, 2007
One of the most underrated movies ever. Most people who read the book didn't like the movie, but I read the book and was not all that impressed. Its hilarious but has some wonderful ideas that the characters learn. I think Carrey has the potential to branch more into drama also
½ January 17, 2012
It is a somewhat columbarium movie is entertaining, a bit "tender" and a bit childish, but at times it becomes something a little stronger. The finish is good and a little emotional.
chadroesti
March 13, 2007
This is a really good movie. All you suckers for a tear jerker chick type flick should rent this. I can't remember why I watched this originally as it is not my typical type of movie, no violence, no guns or explosions, Ashley Judd is fully clothed for the whole dang movie...etc.

I almost teared up TWICE in this movie. ALMOST! I guarantee that every chick watching this will blubber like Peach if he quit drinking beer and chewing in the same week. You will love the kid who plays Simon Birch.
July 22, 2008
Sad but good family film, i would see it again.
February 22, 2007
A touching movie with amazing performances. A major tearjerker!!! I felt it lived up to the book very well.